Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple farm village map

Guild Journeyer

Default Simple farm village map

hi guys!

im looking for a simple map, no 3d, no "lights/deeps/ etc".

a simple black and white map of a small village with 6 farms and a road passing inside the village, like "across" (i guess).

its for a adventure im writing about a attak of killer ants (a medieval fantasy setting). it will be a free pdf in portuguese, and i will give credit to the artist and link to his email/site/ etc

please let me know

Think you could draw a rough sketch of what you're looking for and post it? Nothing fancy, just something to help us see what you're envisioning. I might be interested in doing this if no one else jumps onboard right away.
    M

I'd be willing to tackle it and stretch my legs. If you can PM me more specifics ie how many buildings in the town, nature of the buildings, any important land features etc etc.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Guild Journeyer

thanks friends!

here a example of what i want:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ghlight=rossik

points to remember:
    -black and white map
    -i will ask later, if possible to number 3 or 4 things
    -a road must cross the village
    -its suppose to be a very small farm village (like 50-70 people, maybe 4 people per home, so about 15 houses including the farms), with only 6 farms (plantations?). they just plant potatoes and stuff like that (no animals).
    -feel free to the format of the village, houses, nature, etc. just please keep it simple.

thanks a lot, your help are much appreciated!

Guild Journeyer

hi guys!
    do you need more tips? i can try to explain more if needed, ok?

thanks!

I was busy these past couple days. Gonna work on it today should have a WIP - work in progress version for you soon.
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by geamon View Post
    I was busy these past couple days. Gonna work on it today should have a WIP - work in progress version for you soon.
    thats great! thanks

Before I continue did you want any textures involved or just draw objects in black. Also if you don't mind me asking why no color if this is being distributed in a pdf file format. Is adding plantations to the farms acceptable? Usually farms have more then one building is it also acceptable to go with more then one building per farmstead? Also did you want any type of body of water in the village?
    Cheers, Julien

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by geamon View Post
    Before I continue did you want any textures involved or just draw objects in black. Also if you don't mind me asking why no color if this is being distributed in a pdf file format. Is adding plantations to the farms acceptable? Usually farms have more then one building is it also acceptable to go with more then one building per farmstead? Also did you want any type of body of water in the village?
    first of all, thanks for the help!

well, i must confess i didnt realize about the pdf stuff, but since im prefere the early 80's d&d look, most inside material were monochromatic, but its not writen in stone
    You dont have to do textures, just the objects in black would be great!

the plantation is a must have, sorry if i couldnt make myself clearer (my poor english gets me sometimes ). so, "yes" for plantations and for buildings.

the adventure is for begginers, and its a specific hack'n'slash adventure, so they will not adventure so much in the village. BUT, a DM could like the setting and make stuff by himself, so it would be nice to have those details you talked about.

about the water, i would ask to you not to do a "stream" or something. just a lake would do fine, since my last adventure had this body of water crossing the village, i didnt want to get a similar looking village.
    it may be silly of my, but i hope you understand.

please ask any more questions you want, ok?

cheers
    rafael

Here's what I got after 30-45 mins. Very basic outline of the area and what I'm thinking of doing. I know it looks very square...I'm far from over. Looking at the examples you through together they were too simple for my taste so I'm gonna put more time investment for it as well. Let me know if this is okay or if anything needs to be adjusted. Added a desaturated version for you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Farm Town02.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	248.4 KB 
ID:	30664   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Farm Town01.jpg 
Views:	561 
Size:	460.9 KB 
ID:	30665  
    Cheers, Julien

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast