Thread: The Possessed Lands

Map The Possessed Lands

This is my first map that I've finished creating. I used Adobe Photoshop CS4 for the whole project. It is a desolate, volcanic region inhabited by evil orcs. There are streams of molten lava running throughout the map. The map is scattered with barracks, filled with orcs ready to fight. In the center lies an evil castle of a dark overlord. I also added one of my hand-drawn compasses onto the map. I originally drew it on standard printer paper with a very soft drawing pencil, but added Deleter ink of 6 darkness over the pencil with a Deleter Saji pen tip. After that I erased the underlying graphite and added it onto the map, with a few Photoshop touches to make it look nice.

If you have any questions about how I made it, feel free to ask me, preferably with a reply on this thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking good Lax, you've got a nice burning lave color going there. Now its in finished maps so I won't starting to critique it, but definitly going in the right direction, looking forward to seing your next map - and have some rep with my +7 mace of nice repping
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks, I'm looking forward to try to hand draw my next map and use Photoshop effects and watercolor brushes to add it a nice touch.