Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Withdrawn] September/October Challenge Entry - The City That Never Sleeps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Dunkin' Donuts - sells more than just donuts (but they have really good donuts), they recently expanded out into the breakfast sandwich market (like all the other fast food chain)
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hmmm... everybody is doing what everybody else is doing... reminds me suddenly of an old stalone movie... "after the franchise wars all restaurants are Taco Bells" *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Ahh...Demolition Man with Wesley Snipes & Sandra Bullock...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah.. thats the one... ... couldn't remember the title... do remember Sandra of course
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

Its funny that we all watch the Simpsons and Homer eating donuts all the time but in the UK they are pretty boring. Then I took a trip to the US and was introduced to Dunkin Donuts and it made everything a whole lot clearer. We have a couple of similar localized franchises here now but I have yet to see the one called Dunkin here. I think this is odd since were inundated with McD's. I still think there's a huge scope for trading some food stuffs over the pond. When I went there, the US was almost absent of good cheese for example and it was all like yellow sludge or plain cheddar type. Its like in France where they have great cheese but not being able to get proper toast to put it on without it being a croque monsieur.

Edit - just noticed this...
    hmmm I believe Starbucks is a coffee shop - even though I don't drink coffee and the only starbucks in denmark is in the airport (where I don't frequent *lol*) ... don't know dunkin donuts - do they only sell donuts? should we get on in Denmark? *lol*
    the only starbucks... like you have just the one !? Theyre missing a trick there then. Have you see South Park where every second shop turns into a Harbucks... Theres a street in the local city where there is a starbucks on either side just so you don't have to cross over. Theyre like a virus.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 11-01-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Thankfully the chese ssue has been dealt with. There are some great cheeses here now - local parmesan and feta and great imported french bries and camemberts.

By NYU there was a time when there was a Starbucks 1 block (and in sight of) another Starbucks. Thankfully one closed and is now a coffee shop run by the local film school.

Starbucks is a plague on mankind and should be eradicated off the face off the planet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12