Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Challenge Update

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

I just found a typo in my second entry, is it possible to correct this?

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Email it to me and I'll replace it in the thread.

Thinking ahead a bit - how quickly do those displays at the gallery pan, zoom, and scroll? Is there time to read much text? If I redo/ expand for a later contest/ exhibition I would want it to make sense both static on a web page, and dynamic, on the Soho Gallery for Digital Art's big screens.

I do have a rationale for my simple text/ minimalist design.... I figure in 2057 the Atlas I've done pages from absolutely HAS to figure on being viewable / useable on mobile phones.

I have a few questions...
    1) When will the show start?
    2) If possible, would I be able to submit my entry as a piece of traditional art given that it is a full scale watercolor and ink?
    3) If there is time before the show starts and the end of the contest, might any submissions be submitted after the deadline and not considered for the contest? I'm thinking I'd like to try my hand at another attempt at this map.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Some answers in order. jgibson - The screens pan zoom and scroll as fast as I animate them. I can make sure that the pan is slow enough that people get the chance to appreciate the detail and read the text. I like the minimalist view - it's really informative and clear.

Industrial Helix: The show will start either on the 16th of November or on the 6th of December, depending on some details I'm working out with them now. You can submit it as a traditional piece, but you will also have to submit a digital version as the gallery is a digital art gallery rather than a traditional one and they are in the business of selling prints of work. I'll check with them about whether they're able to display and sell traditional media pieces. As for extra submissions, the contest was to submit pieces by the deadline. As there are many people who pulled out due to time constraints we won't be allowing a general policy of submissions now that it's closed. However there are plans for a spring or summer reprise of the show that would allow for more entries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12