Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Challenge Update

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default Super Challenge Update

Thanks to everyone for all the amazing entries. You still have time. This will close midnight EST (New York time - it seemed appropriate!).

There has been a lot of discussion about whether the show will go forward as we're short of the 45 maps needed for the show. The gallery does want to go forward with it on the strength of the finished pieces they've seen and there are a few local traditional media artists that I've been talking to that will add some supplementary material. Once we've got the final headcount of completed entries we'll fix a number of entries for the show and let the voting begin.

If you've been unable to finish the map in time (it's a huge task to map any city, and particularly this one) then do not despair. We're looking at the possibility of re-running this in the spring/summer with all the entries that make it through this time along with a second batch that people can finish for that. The details of that are currently not fixed, and depend to an extent on how well this one goes, but we don't want those who were beaten by the bell to miss out on the opportunity.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Does that mean we'll be allowed to continue working on our current entries for the hypothetical spring show, or do we need to come up with something different? Even though I'm currently deciding whether to just trash my entry, if we're allowed to 're-use' the one we didn't finish, maybe I won't. After all, that'd give me another few months to try and work my way out of the creative hole I've dug for myself with it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

we are hypothetically allowed to keep hypothetically working on an existing map or make a new from scratch in the hypothetical spring show
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

This solution sounds reasonable. But the "supplementary material" the artists will add, will they be maps of New York? Or just filler art?

No filler - they will be maps. And yes - the point of a future show will be to allow those unfinished pieces to be used if people want to take them to conclusion.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Awright, sounds good.

I see the Thumbnail Scraper has been on its rounds again. It has missed the last ones of mine again!
    I don't think it like me.
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

The large number of threads is giving it some trouble. We'll make sure that all thumbs are correct before we open the voting.

Mine look fixed now! Cheers!
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Blog Entries

Yes, please mention if its not correct - esp when voting starts. Its been a bitchin a lot this month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast