Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** November 2010 Challenge - Castles ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post *** November 2010 Challenge - Castles ***

"When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England."
    King of Swamp Castle (Monty Python)

While we're still trying to catch our breath on top of the super challenge we'll give you the next one

This time the challenge is to map a castle.

A castle is always a good setting for a game - or a base for the adventurers. It doesn't have to be fantasy related of course, everything goes as long as its a castle.
    (My home is my castle is not allowed - unless you are actually living in a castle.)

Any member of the Cartographer's Guild is eligible to enter the monthly challenge. And for those who only saw the last contest where you could submit 3 maps - this challenge only accepts one map per contestant.
    No update to an entry will be permitted once the threads are locked for voting. Moderators will inform members of the impending lock down whenever someone remembers, which is somewhat iffy.
    Challenge will usually be locked down about five days prior to the end of the month, with a new challenge being posted sometime between then and the beginning of the next month.
    All are encouraged to enter the monthly challenge. Only one (or maybe two) win the challenge each time, but everyone who enters learns something about their craft and makes the event more fun for all involved.

To enter, create a new thread in this forum and use the attachment manager to upload your works in progress. Precede every image with the line ### Latest WIP ### to allow the forum to pickup the thumbnail for the challenge thumbnails page.

Now go map and good luck all
    Last edited by torstan; 11-01-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

totally outside my comfort zone, but I'm hooked on these challenges now, so I'll probably have a go.

I wanna participate but I got so much on my plate and suffering from lack of motivation so I'm not sure. If I do I'm thinking about making a rendition of a castle/keep from the Ultima series. Lord British's Castle, Empath Abbey, Serpent's Hold, Bordermarch, The Lyceam etc etc. We will see I need to finish my lite mapping challenge map first.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Blog Entries

How about mapping Richard Castle, lead character from the TV series "Castle" ? It could be like the old Numbskulls comic strip where little people inside him run all his functions like raising his eyelids etc.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    How about mapping Richard Castle, lead character from the TV series "Castle" ? It could be like the old Numbskulls comic strip where little people inside him run all his functions like raising his eyelids etc.

All I can say is O M G....
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    LOL I loved the numbskulls. That's the first time I've heard it mentioned in over 25 years.
    Damn. We're showing our ages.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Hmm, I think I will have to enter this one as I've been meaning to map out a certain castle for a while now.

Awesome challenge. Not sure I'll find time for it but I'd love to have an entry. Good luck to everyone.

So, who's doing Castle Ravenloft?
    M

Ravenloft good reference but i think i will play around with crusader and renaissance as reference .
    Last edited by revan54115110; 11-03-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast