Thread: Narsis, WIP

Default Narsis, WIP

I've come to a juncture in my gaming life where I decided that I wants a fully fleshed out world for my players. I figured it'd be easier to have a free form game if they had a detailed world to play in. So here we go...
    Here's the line work with some rubbish triangle mountains:

I colored it in with really basic textures for various area and I didn't like the way it turned out. So I did some messing around and over the course of about 2 months I've developed something. With a little help from this website.
    I have this now.

All I need to figure out is how to make desserts/grassland/snow stick out. Any suggestions?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like it, looks pretty good.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cyrix View Post

All I need to figure out is how to make desserts/grassland/snow stick out. Any suggestions?
    I if the "yellowy" patches are desert and the lighter green patches are grasslands I'd say you've got it.. It looks great !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Nah, it's just bare ground, I guess it does look like a pretty convincing dessert color. I just need to figure out swamps, jungle, and snow now.