Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rite Publishing, Kaidan Patronage Project. 1st adventure release in Feb/Mar 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Hey I just read your interview. Good job on that!

It left me wondering if you answer all those questions off the cuff or if you get a printed copy and can determine what you want to say beforehand? Hehe, I'm thinking if I'm ever in such an interview situation what crazy stuff I might say. I can craft a speech real well but just talking impromptu I might say anything
    No, it wasn't a live interview, I got a printed copy of the questions, and I answered them off the cuff. Then I went back and made some grammatical/spelling changes, while adding an extra point or two. I certainly could have studied each question, spent time in giving the best answers, but then that interview was being posted the next day, so I didn't have the time to think about it too much.

Luckily for me, I've been concerned with those issues brought up in the interview for over a year, so I had a good idea of what I would have said, given such an interview.

While every case isn't necessarily as 'successful', I do have some skill with speaking off the cuff, and I don't think a live interview would have made a difference in my responses - perhaps not as well articulated, but the points would be the same.

It was my first official 'interview', and I was pleased with my responses. I'm glad you read it and liked it!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Just wondering if there's a ballpark date for when Kaidan will be available for purchase?

Looking like the end of February, or early March 2011 for final release. However the three adventures of the mini arc will be published separately, so there is a possibility of adventure 1: the Gift to be released prior to that. However there will also be released separately and before the dates mentioned for several monster race books with paragon classes and archetypes - including: kappa, tengu, gaki and several others, as well as specific yurei ghost templates. Those might see publication sometime in January.

The development has prevented me from participating in the challenges over the past couple months and looks like I'll miss the first couple next year, before I can get involved again...

Michael "GP" Tumey

PS: welcome to the Guild, Takajose!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Default The first adventure is near completion!

Kaidan: the Gift - the first adventure for the mini campaign arc will be released soon!

The adventure has been fully written. Right now we are adding in the fiddly stuff, like missing locations in the map (new stuff has been added), one map for the village of Agoya needed, just completed a Kaidanese (Japanese) surname naming guide. Its expected to go to editing on Friday. Sometime next week the lead designer will make adjustments based on editor notes, then I will get it for final page layout. Then to the publisher to ready for release. We will probably have patrons do a week's worth of playtesting, then sometime in the next 3 weeks it will be released.

We will be co-releasing two additional books with the adventure release.

1. In the Company of Kappa - a player character race book for Kaidan and general use outside Kaidan, featuring the turtle shelled yokai known as the kappa. Included is an origin mythos tale as an introduction, followed by: base race stats, full 20 level paragon class, kappa specific archetypes of preferred base classes, as well as recommended archetype classes from the Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide. We will include kappa specific weapons and a few new feats.

2. Kaidan Divine Classes - a player character class book for Kaidan, featuring: Kannushi (cleric), Miko (oracle), Yamabushi (inquisitor), plus Henge-Kannushi (animal shapechanger druid). An explanation of the four primary religions of Kaidan: Zao (a bastardized Buddhism), Shugendo (ascetic folk religion), Shinto (animistic spirit worship) and Ojigami (ancestral worship). An explanation of Temples and Shrines, and how the animistic worship works as far as divine casting is concerned. Hopefully I can add the Spirit Domain with a short list of new divine spells.

This second book I'm writing right now and only have one more day to finish it... hopefully for editing on Friday.

We plan to create similar Race and Class books to be co-released with the other two adventures as well. All three adventure books will include setting material in addition to the adventures.

Expected in June or sometime in the summer is a hardcover print compilation of all the books and adventures as a single book being produced by Cubicle 7. Although a POD printer, the book will be available for delivery to local game stores as well.

So we are getting close to the first release - I can't wait!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-13-2011 at 12:38 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Default Kaidan logo PNG file

So I had to create me a logo for Kaidan. I could have done it half a hundred ways, but I decided to stay simple. I tried at as a black and white only, and it worked, but I preferred a touch of red, so here's what I've decided.

I think the Japanese castle, cherry blossom trees and the moon make for some nice detail.

Thoughts?

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaidan-logo.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	33062
    DrivethruRPG store

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice. The red moon is a bit distracting IMO
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Love it!! SO excited for you, GP!

The color makes it seem more like the sun. Wouldn't have guessed it for the moon if you hadn't mentioned that's what it is.

A setting sun works too! I didn't want to simulate a night sky, so your take on it works.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast