Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Rite Publishing, Kaidan Patronage Project. 1st adventure release in Feb/Mar 2011

Default Yakuza Kyodai illustration

I've been struggling for several days trying to come up with an illustration for a Yakuza Kyodai (big brother) and have failed twice (bad jobs), so I finally found a design I can tolerate. This isn't cover design material, but some filler illustration where I needed it. Also can be used in my up coming Yakuza book for Kaidan.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kyodai.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	33583
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Even as the first adventure nears its eventual release date (?), the second adventure has been written and is now in editing, but we have yet to begin writing the third and final adventure - some more has been put on our plate.

Steve Russell of Rite Publishing will be attending Paizocon, and he'll be at GENCON sharing Cubicle 7's booth. He thought, wouldn't it be a kick to run a couple Kaidan demo modules at those conventions. Jonathan McAnulty, the author and lead designer is taking his family to Origins this year, and thought "hey, I'd like to run a couple mods at Origins."

He thought of that yesterday, and it turns out to get a demo mod at Origins, he needs to submit a brief on his intended game by March 1st...! So we're racing to get some concepts for Demo Modules for Kaidan.

One direction I like is that they won't be Gaijin player characters as in The Gift, but local Kaidanese (samurai, kannushi clerics and other Kaidan class pregenerated characters.) Of course these will be designed as 7500 word short modules, but will get the full professional treatment which means, cover and interior art and maps by me.

So just when we thought our plates were already full, we get another helping - still very cool. I might even run a demo mod at GENCON. Something to look forward to in several months.

One module looks like a trapped in a snow storm at a mountain monastary, with a oni woman demon hag having created a bit of a Zombie Apocalypse with the former monk inhabitants of the monastary.

The second module, not too sure yet, but might be a Geisha House, with four seductress yurei ghosts in charge, and their murderous onmyoji wizard all spirits that haunt this once popular house in the redlight district.

Always something new!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-22-2011 at 02:39 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

How do you find the time for your day job? hehe.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

That's not the real question, the real question is when do I sleep? Now its time to go to bed... heh.
    DrivethruRPG store

Well to update this thread, only because I have real dates now. The release of The Curse of the Golden Spear, Part 1: The Gift will be released in June both in PDF format and as a 60 page softcover printed adventure, done by Cubicle Seven. The printed adventure will be priced at $19.99 (saving $5 over the original expected price), though I am not sure of the PDF price at this time. This will not be a POD printed book rather a large commercial printing ready for distribution to the local game stores across North America, although I also don't know the total print run at this time.

To make things even more official, I just got the ISBN bar code and Cubicle Seven logo to add to the back cover of the adventures.

The other two adventures of the 3 adventure mini-arc will be printed and distributed the following July and August - so all three adventures should be ready for selling on the GENCON 2011 vendor floor, at the Cubicle Seven booth. Steve Russell the publisher of Rite Publishing will be there, and though I will not be there on any official capacity, I should be there for at least one day.

Michael 'GP' Tumey
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Grats, man and good luck.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678