Thread: How Earth Made Us - Great TV Show

Default How Earth Made Us - Great TV Show

Even though this BBC show isn't exactly about maps, it's about how the earth influenced humans through history. So I thought it was kind of fitting. It doesn't delve to deep but it has a lot of interesting facts when it comes to geology and how people through the ages have delt with it. Worth a watch!

Link to the programs website
    Hannibal ante porcos!

Maps
    Eohl Galactic Chart The Shuayie Peninsula

Haven't seen that one, should look into it, i know that volcanoes have attributed to several historical moments, apparently an eruption in iceland contributued to the french revolution.

I hate to hijack this thread but another show "How the Earth was Made" is great for poeple who want to learn how things in the earth are the way they are, like the Grand Canyon and Iceland and stuff. Sry, though i should mention that.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

How the Earth was Made on the History Channel is like Geology 101 for cartographers. I never miss an episode (I'm watching the America's Gold episode right now in fact - LOL!). I hope How Earth Made Us ends up on BBC America - sounds very interesting too.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected Arhan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aah thank you! I've been looking for something like this for awhile.

EDIT: My bad. Sorry for necroing, stumbled on this thread from the search feature. :I
    Finished Maps: OakfallHand-drawn Battlemaps