Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please read the FAQ!!!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That is indeed an awesome word and should be used as often as possible.

You're welcome.

"All of the following guidelines have been formulated according to specific problems that we have encountered in the past, and wish to prevent in the future, in the interests of maintaining a level of professionalism and respect amongst users on The Cartographers’ Guild.

Because The Cartographers’ Guild is an RPG related community, and in the interests of keeping potentially offensive topics away from the forum, the Administrators and Forum Leaders of these forums do not tolerate posts that contain any of the following subjects or elements

Threads advertising items for sale"

I think that particular item needs to be removed or the posters in the News section need to be reprimanded as that is most of the News.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It should probably be reworded. The news section is open for posting by industry professionals that have been verified by our staff. I guess that would be an exception. I'm also getting ready to revamp the donation system and that may have an effect on the way these things are handled.

Posted mobile using Tapatalk
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Is FAQ section up to date? Sometimes it's just easier to ask question that look for it in FAQ. I don't see a problem here.

Banned User

Sounds like there have been some crazy things that can happen, as it always does in gatherings of people.

Yay for rules?

Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

Default a newbie's humble input

I haven't seen any of that yet ... but then again, I've only been trolling here for a few days. Everyone seems to be incredibly supportive, and ready to help. I will get there someday ... maybe someday

Default Thanks

Hey,
    I'm glad to be a part of this community. And Thanks for sharing these FAQs.

Praise hello,

I am a total newb and am just trying to figure things out. The FAQ look very useful for people with a clue, but I feel your pain where those of us that are blind to buttons or have a ten second memory just don't get it. Have you considered a YouTube video for absolute beginners. Anyway, awesome web site. Hope I can figure enough out to take part.

Hi, I have a question that I only thought about just now.

I'm usually making 3D SketchUp models of castles and fortifications. This thread is "WIP-Renaissance forts-Awhayji Resources" and it is on the Forum: Building/Structure Mapping.

So the question is: Am I breaking any rule?, since it's mostly about 3D models instead of maps.

Blog Entries

Part of making maps is using assets like brushes, textures and stamps that depict buildings, terrain and other things on a map. My criteria for whether something is allowed is basically - would a reasonable percentage of the membership here want to read / look at this post and material being posted. Some things that get posted are pretty niche since this site does host some peoples maps that are pretty niche themselves.

So making icons of buildings including 3D ones used for making maps and 3D terrain is absolutely within the scope of the guild. We have a lot of posts about using sketchup, blender and even Unreal by the site owner and this thread's OP Robbie. A 3D model of a building is a representation of space which is what a map is. The representation can take a wide range of forms from line graphs made with felt tip pens like an underground railway system to fully realistic textured 3D virtual worlds using latest game engines. We do fantasy and sci-fi as well as real world mapping and historical and con-world type of mapping. We show from galactic / planetary maps to battle maps to treasure maps, all of them are welcome posts. If you think you might be ok then you probably are. Its usually pretty obvious when a post is off topic as its often so off topic its unbelievable. Even then we do have an off topic board for those kinds of posts with some limits.

Where anyone will most definitely be out of order is when the posts come down to attacking another member or disrupting the board to a degree that it gets flagged and for anyone who sees a post like that then use the "triangle !" icon at the bottom of the post and report it for attention to the moderators. Reporting a post does not necessarily mean it will be taken down but it will be monitored by the mods. Do report spammy posts too. So far we have been a board and forum that has bucked the trend of the modern web and we enjoy a cordial and enthusiastic membership - long may it continue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12