Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I mark a gig as [TAKEN] on the forums?

Question How do I mark a gig as [TAKEN] on the forums?

As the title says, someone graciously made an offer on a gig I posted here, so now I want to clarify the gig has been taken. Any advice on how to do that? Apologies if I'm missing something obvious in the FAQ.

Blog Entries

I don't think there is a way unless you are a moderator so now that you have requested it I can mark it.

I think you can edit your post and state it somewhere at the top and end to stop people from contacting you about it.

Edit - just got to it and it had been marked already so either you can edit it or some other moderator got there before me. Let me know if you were able to edit it. Oh and now you have 5 posts you will be a full member in about 20 mins !
    Last edited by Redrobes; 03-03-2022 at 02:47 PM.

Getting the [Paid - Taken] tag to the title of your thread requires editing the thread itself, and that is unfortunately locked to those without moderator powers. I usually patrol down the Requests section a couple of times a day and mark those which have indicated as taken.

Most people either edit their original post to say that the commission has been taken, or post a new message to the end of the discussion saying the same. Either way works.

@Red: it actually hadn't been marked properly, but I've done it now. The OP had edited the headline of their original post, but the thread itself didn't have the tag. Just for future reference
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Getting the [Paid - Taken] tag to the title of your thread requires editing the thread itself, and that is unfortunately locked to those without moderator powers.
    This is the only place where I've ever been that's had that membergroup restriction. Why? I see how MAYBE in the challenges it would impact the scraper if someone edited something after the fact but in the job board area it's just adding more work to the moderators. Not that it's a ton of work, but it would streamline things if users could just edit their own post titles. Seems like such a strange thing to restrict globally to moderators.

This has baffled me for years, and is the sole reason why my thread of assets is still labeled "photo based map assets" instead of just "free map assets" now. Because it's easier to just live with it than bug someone to change it. Personally, my preference would be to update the first post every time I update the thread (NEW: TABLES) etc and I don't want to ask a moderator every single time. (sweat)

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Blog Entries

Thanks Kell I get it now. So you can edit your post header but not the thread header.

An issue with editing a topic/thread title is that if we allow it then you can get a spammer edit the title and then its listed with the spam text after its been approved as ok by moderators. We have a system in place to look out for old edited posts with spam in them post approval but it would be worse with the title as it would be much more visible. I will check to see if its even a possibility that permissions from members such as professional artists and publishers could be made to edit their own thread title. Not sure what criteria we might want - any full member or more than X posts - needs a bit of a CL discussion about it I think. But most of these map requests are coming in from new registrants and I think that is unlikely that we would want that.

Would there be a way to tag threads that would let the original poster (besides CLs and Mods, that is) be the only other person that could change they post tag? Or is that a little beyond the software?
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    This has baffled me for years, and is the sole reason why my thread of assets is still labeled "photo based map assets" instead of just "free map assets" now. Because it's easier to just live with it than bug someone to change it. Personally, my preference would be to update the first post every time I update the thread (NEW: TABLES) etc and I don't want to ask a moderator every single time. (sweat)
    I can't do anything about the permissions as I'm not an admin, but I can at least get rid of the words "photo based" in that thread title.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Blog Entries

Unless I am missing it, I don't think there is an option to have any non moderator edit the thread title.

Yeah, never mind my question. In re-reading Redrobes post I totally get it now. Bad interpretation on my part earlier... Just ignore the guy with all the fur, he's easily distracted by chew toys.
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 03-04-2022 at 02:43 PM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Blog Entries

I really thought that the original poster starting a thread had ownership of it but it appears not. Looking through all of the permissions per membership type none of them have anything about editing thread title. Whereas there are permissions to allow or deny the option of editing your own post title - which is set to allow (for guild members).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast