Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: You all listen to music? Don't you? Recommend some !

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

Default You all listen to music? Don't you? Recommend some !

I haven't noticed any "music recommendations" threads around here - doesn't every community have one? I mean, don't all cartographers listen to music while they map? Well... here's some of my current favorites. Be warned, even though I mapped the birth of hip hop, I have a very eclectic taste in music. I hope you all share some of your favorite songs. I'm always on the search for new music.

Frightened Rabbit: Foot Shooter - this is such a great band, and this song really gives me goosebumps.

Metric: Help I'm Alive - very alternative and poppy. I rarely like female vocalists, but this one gets me. Sort of like the Pixies mixed with Garbage!

I normally listen to the radio in the car, top 100 stuff.

But if I want to get nostalic...

An old favourite...I now do the house work to it, but I used to do something esle to it.

I also like this

And of course this

I'll think about my favourites from other genres and post them later in the thread. Sorry I'm not as savvy as RJ and I don't know how to embed the videos here.
    Last edited by Aval Penworth; 11-03-2010 at 11:11 PM.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Currently exploring Marcel Wood's music, here are three tracks I'm cycling through currently(Music Is The Answer, Cherry Blossom and Advanced).
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Quote Originally Posted by geamon View Post
    Currently exploring Marcel Wood's music, here are three tracks I'm cycling through currently(Music Is The Answer, Cherry Blossom and Advanced).
    Yep I dig all that. I especially like the beat in Music is the Answer.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

If you really want to get the creative juices flowing, tune your Internet music player to:

http://wttw.ic.llnwd.net/stream/wttw_wfmt_livebroadcast

for WFMT in Chicago (USA).

It's always all you need.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Blog Entries

A very long time ago we had a big thread with a lot of members fav music.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

right now I'm big on americanized - celtic punk, such as flogging molly, Dropkick Murphies, and Flatfoot 56

I also have a ton of christian music of.... varying quality. Namely hiphop/pop bands, including risen tunes (a lesser known band), Tobymac, and the very gospelish band Newsboys, as well as a variety of metal, rock, and folk.

but mostly the celtic punk atm.
    Last edited by Rythal; 11-04-2010 at 07:25 AM.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aval Penworth View Post
    Sorry I'm not as savvy as RJ and I don't know how to embed the videos here.
    Not too hard Aval

I'm blocked from youtube at work - damn corporate america! but I'll check out your links tonight.

Denmark. Tiny place. used to be a lot of vikings around here.

I am currently into old Mike Oldfield records, when I sit and draw. My 9-year old boy sits next to me and paints his Warhammer Orcs.

We particularly enjoy The Songs of Distant Earth, with its ambience and such. Very meditative.

Blog Entries

I acutally prefer to listen to film soundtracks when I'm mapping or whatever. Something that has the right atmosphere.

But as for bands etc. I'm kinda opposite to RJ in that I seem to prefer to have a female vocalist in the music I like, although they have to have a voice that stands out from the normal pop crap. I love a characteristic voice. So with that in mind here are a few of my favourites...

Frou Frou - Let Go
    . I first heard this when I saw Garden State. I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman singing it and I was so intrigued I fired up the net and searched it out.

Imogen Heap - The Moment I Said It
    . Imogen Heap was the singer with Frou Frou (above) and this is my favourite of her solo songs.

The Sundays - Goodbye
    . I always loved the Sundays and saw them in concert at Notts Polytechnic. Unfortunately they only made three albums.

Portishead - Roads
    . To me, all of the above songs can and have given me goosebumps at one stage or another. But this one probably even more so.

Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast