Thread: I'm back! And with real Graphic Design Exp!!

Post I'm back! And with real Graphic Design Exp!!

Ok so I just attended a local con.. haven't been on here in a while because of the prep for it!

First of all, wow! Sakura Con was awesome this year, almost 20,000 attendents!

That said, my local game store, a sponsor for the con, asked me to make a add for them to put into the booklets for the con, after seeing some of the maps I've been working on here.

So, after all was said and done, I had a full on 6'x11.5' full color add that I made put into a booklet that all the registered guests got there grubby little hands on. So my add was potentially seen by 20,000 people!

I just wanted to point out that in the very little amount of time I've taken to learn Graphic design, I have gotten farther in the artist field then anything I have previouly done in my entire life!

And all of this stems from me just wanting to make my maps for gamming look pretty!

Now I'm seriously looking into this as a career path!

Anyone out there know a good way to break into the industry? I love the mapping portion though the most, and I'm usually good at layouts and what-not, so how do I go abouts getting a job making maps and designing stuff for a gaming company? I know a couple of peeps around here do it, so any tidbits of information would be great!

-Rob
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.

Way to go, Kagehito! Hey, if you get a chance scan that brochure in!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

I can just post it for now... i have the file, but i'll scan it in later for you all to!

Also, I know its not much, or even anything thats groundbreaking or anything like that... just the feeling of having something you made make it to print, even f your not fully pleased with it, was a very awesome expereance for me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	add-spelling fixed.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	879.0 KB 
ID:	2948  
    Last edited by Kagehito; 04-01-2008 at 10:07 PM.
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.

Post I think its Wonderful

Potentially 20,000 people is like 40,000 single eyes, and I don't know how many eyelashes....

All kidding aside, its a great thing to reach that many people. Congratulations. I like the add too.

Sigurd