Hello, this is my 2nd attempt at mapping (not counting the sketches that didn't make it ). Sketching this digitally, but I intend to transfer the map to paper and hand-paint it. I think with Acrylics.

Because paints and paper don't have undo buttons and.. almost no 'saved copies', I'm.. kinda counting on you guys to point my mistakes before the graphite touches the paper. *cough*

Oakfall
Temporary kingdom name? I like the word Serok/ Serrok from earlier times; but not sure as what. It's not a peninsula/ island. Just 'Lands of Serok'? Plains?
There's a lot of oaks here, so the color scheme would be autumn-y and earthy. Mid-sized, fairly powerful kingdom, surrounded by 4 other countries and a sea. Religious fanatics --well, more like, Church is powerful because of their ties with the ruling House, but whether the majority of the population actually support their views/fanaticism..
Cornered people tend to defend their views more vocally, anyway. The surrounding countries are of different faith(s).

Size should be around the size of Latvia, somewhere between Switzerland and Austria. [Honestly I haven't thought about the scale that much. It's too easy for me to get carried away with populations and economy.]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falls1cWIP.jpg 
Views:	1017 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	30719

This is the initial sketch/ color scheme. Border is maybe too contemporary, but haven't got a better composition yet. Border/ornaments will have oak motifs later. I like the idea of putting the kingdom's crest somewhere in the map, though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falls1c2.jpg 
Views:	965 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	30718

Currently sitting on this stage. Made the mountains into ridges and I think it looks better/makes more sense for this map than the way I previously draw mountains. I've made sketches for the icons, but haven't found the middle-ground between streamlined/iconic and elaborate.

Anything I should fix/ modify so far? Thank you. xD