Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little art preview from my upcoming adventure...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks great, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks, guys. Just got the inked version, BTW. This is a pretty lo-res PDF. I know the original work is pretty large. Next up is coloring.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Acadia.ink.pdf  

Guild Apprentice Terraformer_Author's Avatar

Yumminess...Tastey, chewy, delicious, cavity driving yumminess...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

looking forward to the colorized version - though this is quite chock-full-o'coolness!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Hey guys. Here's the final, colored image. I am very pleased with it...to say the least. Also, a sketch for the next illustration from this artist. I think it's going to be awesome as well.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Acadia.colors.fin.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	739.7 KB 
ID:	31080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	31079  

Still collecting images from artists. Here's the final pencil of the sketch scene I previewed last post. Again, this is from James Sinclair.

I'm also attaching two portraits of NPCs from another artist, Owen Hunter. One, Aldo Bonisi, is the master of the ship that brings the PCs to Haibianr and the other is Laoshu, the curator of a curious curio shop who serves as an ally and source of information for the PCs.

The final image is a poor one, by yours truly, of a tiangou, the "celestial dog", from the bestiary that accompanies the adventure. Now, the Tiangou is a nasty beast of mythological proportions but this is just the "lesser" version encountered by the PCs during their visit to Haibianr. It's still nasty but at least it can't swallow the sun like its big brother!

I've got a couple more portraits and some more bestiary images coming as well as the final inks and colors of the ambush scene from James. Apart from a few more maps (by me) and some miscellaneous odds and ends I should have all of my art ready to go into the layout by the end of December. I guess that means I need to get the text finalized, huh?
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lushou_pencils.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	546.1 KB 
ID:	31354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aldobonisi_t.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	31356   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laoshu_t.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	31357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiangou_t.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	31355  

Just realized I haven't posted here in a while. I've got a lot of new preview art posted since this last one. If you're interested please check out http://www.acaciagames.com/. I won't upload it all here since it's already taking up bandwidth somewhere else. If anyone's in the area or going to PaizoCon I'm happy to take care of your bookmarking needs with my new awesome bookmarks!
    M

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12