Thread: The Kingdom of Loria

Guild Applicant

Wip The Kingdom of Loria

Hi,

I've made this map this morning, bearing the suggestions in mind given in my previous thread. You can download the pdf file (it is too large to upload here) at:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/t92fh8...of%20Loria.pdf
    Don't worry, there aren't any viruses
    Please let me know what you think.
    Enjoy!

Good start in CC3. Some crits for you tho.

Bring your label layer to the top. The roads are obscuring some of your place names.
    With your fractal rivers try to click more regularly so that you don't get those hard right angles.
    Maybe tone down the outer glow on the waterways (you can have too much of a good thing)
    Careful when curving your text. You have som overlapping letters.
    A glow around your landmasses would add depth to your seas.

Cheers
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Blog Entries

The river placement has some problems, you have two rivers flowing out of the lake where you should only have one.

Besides that the overall flow implies a very improbable topography. You have a river flowing SE from the mountains to the lake, and then another flowing NW almost parallel but in the opposite direction. Now, this could be made to work, but you would need a ridge in between then, that is significantly steeper on the west side, and another ridge along the east coast that is much steeper on the coastal side.

It's best to have an idea of the topography first and let that drive your river placement.

Also, the wildly different typefaces, colours, and sizes give a rather disjointed look. Pick a 'base size' and then step up and down from there as needed for appropriate emphasis. Try to stick to a single family of typefaces.

It has reminiscences of Tolkiens maps but like Hai-Etlik said, they are improbable stuff. But keep going !