Thread: Sort of Fantasy Map

Guild Applicant

Map Sort of Fantasy Map

Hi there,

This is my first post here, but I'm a guest visitor many times before I register. I also must confess I had tried to follow some of your tutorials but my result were far (very far) from what I intended to do. Then I thought if some of the real carthographers here at the forum could make on for me.

I'm building a fantasy setting (for a D&D multiple campaign) with a big empire and so. I had a sketch (made with some tool I don't recall at all) and filled it with some info:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sketch.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	30766

(The yellow marking is intended to be a desert and the grey markings to be mountains - I give you total liberty in terms of rivers and stuff).

So, I'm asking if some of you could please enter this project. As for the info:

I'm looking for something in the style of this one or this one, in a semi-pro quality or, if possible, a pro . As for the size, I was thinking in something like the size of a desktop wallpaper (1024x600 px) and for the copyrights I was thinking of a mixed option: I would have the copyrights but the artist could use it for his portfolio or even for commercial purposes (without any indications of place names and stuff, just the art part) but this is debatable if the artist insists in not giving away his rights, of course

I would be very pleased and thankful if someone could accept my request. I'm anxiously waiting your replies!
    Last edited by severian; 11-07-2010 at 05:44 PM.

Here's one, free of charge. No decoration, just landforms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sk0_b.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	30767  

Guild Applicant

Oh, thank you! I wasn't expecting to be so quick! Thank you so much!