Thread: Edwan

Map Edwan

Hi!!! This is the first map i have finished. The continent is called Edwan and I'm using it for something I've been trying to write.
    I think it's good, but I always think everything is good, so I want your opinion

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edwan Map.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	31159

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Rihlan, it looks good. 2 things I'll comment on - the border could use some work (and you need a compass and a scale) and I personally don't like having the name of the city on both sides of the city - it breaks up the reading. Ravells posted a document about how to enter names on maps some weeks ago, there you can get some good hints of what to do. But really nice looking and have some rep for your first upload.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The solid blue text is nice but the others have an outline and that makes them difficult to read when using thin fonts. The rhumb lines are a lil blocky so you could probably blur that out a bunch then reign it back in with some contrast/brightness tweaks (put the black rhumb lines on a layer of white altogether first). Otherwise, pretty nice looking map.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

I agree with my fellow cartographers about the details, but otherwise a fine map. Maybe the forest borders look a little bit to clean.