Hi!

I'm writing a fantasy about a cave world underneath Australia, and I need a map for it.

I've created a concept map to use as a reference while writing, but it is definitely not adequate for the book, having been thrown together in two minutes in MS-paint.

Here is a brief history of Udu.

Udu was once, thousands of years ago, properly called Svartálfaheimr. Most people simply called it "Erl". It was the home of one of the Svartálfar, rulers of caves. Everyone else knew him as the Erl King.

A flood was coming, and God would use it to destroy evil men. Two of every kind of animal would be saved, and the rest were left behind. Most animals weren't aware of this, but there were some sentient creatures who were aware of what would happen, and they sought refuge in Erl. The Elves, the Oogah's, the Vums, and the Woobles.

At first, the Erl king did not mind. He allowed these creatures to take refuge in his vast kingdom to wait until the raging waters above subsided. He was annoyed, however, that by the art of Memcaeli, the Elves brought light into Erl. Light burned the Erl king, and so he avoided it. He was forced to dwell in a far corner of Udu to wait for everyone to leave. But, when the waters subsided, a fierce Ice Age had taken the overlands, and they were forced again to stay.

Over hundreds of years, all thoughts of leaving Erl were forgotten, and the Elves renamed it Udu for the sake of the linguistically challenged Oogah's, who had a very difficult time pronouncing R's, and L's, nevermind both at once. Furious that they took his kingdom, the Erl king in a fit of madness, with his band of outcasts, attacked the Elves and destroyed their empire. He would have done more, were it not for the bravery of the Oogahs, who stopped the Erl king with light.

Overcome with guilt at what he had done, the Erl king fled to the far corner of Udu, and there he dwells to this day. The elves in Udu all died off, but one, Lunr. And now, the Oogah's rule over Udu, and the two cryptid nations, the Vums, and Woobles.

There are ten primary things on this map that must be heeded.

1. The Oogah city

2.The Oogah towns

3.The Oogah farmlands

4.The ancient Elfin ruins, formerly known as the Elfin City

5.The Oogah mines

6.The Flying Kingdom, or, the Wooble Kingdom

7. The Vast (a volcanic desert)

8.The Erl Kingdom

9. The Swimming Kingdom, or, The Vum Kingdom

10. The River Source

Here is my sample map:

You may change the shape of things as you wish, but please retain the same general direction and position of the key locations. Also, you can change the river in whatever way you wish, but please ensure that the river reaches all the places it does in my map, and that it does not cut through the Vast.

One major improvement that needs to be made (among others), is that there needs to be blank spots, where there is no cave. Otherwise, it will be highly unrealistic.

Another thing, I would like the cave names to be written in the Oogah's own writing system. After all, it is their map.

I will PM whoever accepts this project with copies of the Oogah's handwriting for every name on the map.

As for style, I'm thinking about a sort of rough leather feel, written in a charcoal esque way, but, if you have a better idea, don't hesitate to use it. Please, just make sure it looks like something produced in a cave world.

Please, don't accept this project unless you are certain you will be able to complete it. I am in no hurry. You can go at your own pace, but please keep in contact with me, because the last guy who accepted this task dropped out, and I haven't heard from him since.

I appreciate everyone who considers this. Thankyou for your time.

Have a nice day, and God bless!