Thread: "So - what ever happened to DUNGEONCRAFTER?"

Guild Apprentice Terraformer_Author's Avatar

Default "So - what ever happened to DUNGEONCRAFTER?"

Hi guys,
    I have been visiting the old DungeonCrafter sites ( http://dungeoncrafter3.com/ ), and it's a shame that it seems like this is abandonware. It looks like the last time someone even posted anything over on the DC3 site was back in January of 2009, and the most users online at any one time on the forums was 90 - back on Thursday, Jun 28, 2007, at 12:21 AM!
    I don't think that the site has been updated in at least that long. I wonder why the guys at Shard Games didn't just put it up as Public Domain or Open Source if they were just going to leave it and let it die?

I had a lot of ideas for tile sets for that thing - and it seemed to be going in a good (well - "ok") direction. You can still get V1, V2, and V3, and all of the tile sets, but that prog had a LOT of potential. Seems a shame. I think the last time that I tried sending an email to them - it bounced back. Any thoughts?

Guild Apprentice Terraformer_Author's Avatar

I used to use DungeonForge back when it was Izwando, and then MapX. It was awsome - but DC was always great for quick and easy stuff. Didn't have to do any file conversion tricks either - just a straight forward image format. That's one of the things that was great about it.