Thread: Hello guild!

Post Hello guild!

You know, I have loved making maps since I was 6 years old. Even back then I used to populate the maps in my head with swamps and forests and what not! So this passion continued I made maps and put cities on them, usually I took the names of real world cities and the maps got bigger and bigger (all hand drawn). Then in my teens I discovered Fantasy fiction! Holy crap MORE MAPS!!! And ever since I discovered Fantasy I have had this urge to create a world and so I one day can write books or make a game out of it. As you can guess a lot of worlds came and went usually a continent or two (Dam u David Eddings!) until recently having read some of Steven Erikssons books I dared to dream BIG!

All these years I thought I was alone with my love for map making And then I find this place

So anyways, hi, hello, how are you, and one day I hope to post my world map for all to see

Hi, Nimatzo -- welcome! ... and we do want to see what you have come up with. I totally understand the "not ready for public view" thought, but don't be too shy. After all, somebody may point out a river couldn't go quite *so*, and you'll realize there's a market for a *canal* there, which will put a hundred thousand people to work, staving off *that* particular civil war for forty years, by which time the aeronaut corps had developed enough to not have to avoid the Xxxx Forest, so instead they dropped Argernte' Orangio on it, exposing the denizens to view, abruptly aborting the war as both sides realized these... these... these... LITTLE people needed persecuting SERIOUSLY, according to the mandate of the Wholey Writ According To Epzim...

All because you asked for a little comment and criticism on a map in progress :-).

I appreciate your determination to draw it up by hand, by the way. There's a tactile joy to paper and pencil/pen that even a digital tablet lacks. And yes, the urge to create is unstoppable :-).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave