Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hail and well met from Dark Wolf Studio's aka Wulfgarn

The buildings - I have to be honest - I have not figured out how to tilt shapes in photo shop- if you know how to do that I would be really grateful

Martin

PS in fact I am a little photoshop blind - still learning what the various functions do and more especially the terminoligy

Heh

Learning how to tilt buildings in photoshop is easily done.

Have a look at the tutorials on Lyzardstomp's website. It's not mapping but if you go through them, you will very quickly pick up how to create certain effects (rotation of objects being one of them). See in particular this tutorial for learning how to rotate.

I learnt more about how to use photoshop for drawing things (rather than manipulating photos) from this site than I have from any other.

Ravs

Post rotating in PS...

Simple: go to Image in the Toolbar at the top, follow the dropdown menu to image/rotate - you can rotate by 10ths or hundredths of degrees, or flip horizontally or vertically.

You'll have to make sure you are using a transparent format like PNG or GIF, otherwise the background will not rotate with the rest of the image.

Its much easier importing your images to a vector app in order to composite your map - no raster rotation required, just click and rotate the corner arrows (but I'm confusing you - you can't do this in PS)
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In Photoshop I usually prefer Ctrl-T for free transform...lets me scale, rotate, skew, etc...all in one mode.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Wow- MAn you guys are great!

I always thought I was a little weird about maps and really loving them - I can sit and draw them for hours- my personal campaign world once covered an area of wall some 8x10 feet or so....

Thank you for making me feel welcome

It is an Incredible feeling working with Gary

He is a really great guy

Martin

Well, you're certainly not alone there. My gallery of maps is long gone now (to my great chagrin), but it once covered a very large portion of a very large wall, right next to my enormous crossword puzzle poster. I was one of those unfortunate people who let his church convince him that RPGs were evil, and I disposed of an insane quantity of maps and campaign notes. Of course, most of them were from a Rolemaster campaign, so I guess it wasn't as big a loss as it might have been! Just kidding--I still have a soft place in my heart for RM.

And Gary really is a high quality individual. He's a credit to the industry and the hobby at large. I hope that I will one day get to meet him in person and find out if he's as impressive in real life as he is online.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Post Guess who I bumped into at Gencon?

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    And Gary really is a high quality individual. He's a credit to the industry and the hobby at large. I hope that I will one day get to meet him in person and find out if he's as impressive in real life as he is online.
    I went to Gencon Indy, August this year (long story, but) I snuck outside for a cigarette (yeah, I'm a smoker...) on the outside stairs, a gaggle of smokers were out doing the same thing, anyway, I couldn't find my lighter, and Gary Gygax who was smoking a Swisher Sweet, offered me a light, I looked at him, looked at his name tag and nearly fell down the stairs!

Of course he was surrounded by an audience of smoking RPGers as he was describing his favorite D&D adventure.

I saw him two other times - he was signing autographs and hanging out at the Troll Lords booth. I never saw him at the booth though.

I was there 6 days - it was a great time!

Sorry, DarkWolfStudio, didn't mean to hijack your thread...

And Welcome to the Guild!
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-05-2007 at 09:50 PM. Reason: apology for hijacking
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I went to Gencon Indy, August this year (long story, but) I snuck outside for a cigarette (yeah, I'm a smoker...) on the outside stairs, a gaggle of smokers were out doing the same thing, anyway, I couldn't find my lighter, and Gary Gygax who was smoking a Swisher Sweet, offered me a light, I looked at him, looked at his name tag and nearly fell down the stairs!
    GAG!!!

Those are NASTY!! If you're going to smoke a cigar its got to be an Ashton VSG, a Tatuaje, a Bolivar, or perhaps a Fuente Fuente Opus X; come on have some class Gary!

I saw Gary on the final day at the Con, I was at the Hyatt across from the Convention Centre, and he was in a Scooter (I think his wife makes him ride one nowadays), and I went up and and asked "Excuse me, are you Gary Gygax?" he said he was, I shook his hand and said it was a real pleasure to meet him,. and if he would Mind signing something for me. He said no problem, and I asked if he would mind signing the Expedition to the Ruins of Castle Greyhawk that Wizards had just put out, even though he never wrote it, it was based on his larger work. I was worried he would be offended, but he said no Problem, and he signed my book.

A great man, and a real pleasure to be a round.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12