Thread: The surrounding (some of them) lands of Eventhar

Guild Journeyer

Map The surrounding (some of them) lands of Eventhar

This my first finished map after the disk crash. I am pretty happy about the result. It is a small region around the city of Eventhar. As pointed out in the WIP thread it's not exactly the surrounding lands since there is nothing south, but this is due various reasons. Anyway, I also made a decorated version (which I may hand out to the players) just for fun. So, there it is. Tell me what you think. And if anyone finds it useful, go ahead and use the map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eventhar-region.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	571.5 KB 
ID:	22072   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eventhar-region-dec.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	450.9 KB 
ID:	22073  

The second map seems a bit too dark, especially if you are going to print it as player handouts. The patterned border makes the map look like it is a tapestry so perhaps giving it a woven texture instead of aged paper texture would work better?

I like it overall, but I agree with Mrrkyl about the darkness of the map, and the border, though nice, does seem slightly out of place: feels almost too large, like it's devouring the map inside. Those comments aside, I do like the overall style of the map allot. It has a rustic simplicity that hearkens back to Tolkien's maps (especially with the font you've chosen).

Cheers,

-Arsheesh