Thread: Hi everyone!

Post Hi everyone!

Hi, everyone!

First, from what I've seen your illustrations are amazing! And I've read through a few tutorials now--all of which are well done. I can't wait to start drafting up a few maps...

A few quick details about myself: I work in the Civil Engineering field and so have a ton of experience with Cad programs (right now I use Civil 3d 2007 & 2008 heavily but my experience is not limited to those versions of Autocad). I also have some Photoshop experience and starting today, GIMP experience.

In the past, I've drawn most of my maps by hand or in Autocad.

Nice meeting you all!

~Parabolist

Welcome to the group. Looking forward to seeing soe of your works.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Hi, Parabolist, and welcome to the dragon's hoard of the cartography world! As a civil engineer, I hope we can pick your brain about your specialty at times, and I hope you post maps soon, too!

Once again, welcome!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Welcome, Parabolist!
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

RobA - I think that it is hilarious that you asked how to pronounce his name. So often in fantasy settings, it's anyone's guess how exactly to pronounce names.

Although, I'm slightly offended () that you didn't ask me how to pronounce mine: cart-o-GRAPH-ist or car-TO-graph-ist or car-TOG-raph-ist or maybe cart-o-graph-IST.

But it is a good question.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cartographist View Post
    RobA - I think that it is hilarious that you asked how to pronounce his name. So often in fantasy settings, it's anyone's guess how exactly to pronounce names.

Although, I'm slightly offended () that you didn't ask me how to pronounce mine: cart-o-GRAPH-ist or car-TO-graph-ist or car-TOG-raph-ist or maybe cart-o-graph-IST.

But it is a good question.
    An even more ironic is that I will most likely never say it aloud - I just wanted to know how it should sound in my head when reading

I had even worse problem with most of the names in Edding's WoT series...

Anyway, yours only has one pronunciation (for me at least) a variant of the third one...car-TOG-ra-phist

-Rob A>