Thread: A Simple River Crossing with Ruins

Default A Simple River Crossing with Ruins

Thanks to those folks who made the objects I blatantly used in this - ruins, trees, rocks, etc. Made this for a VTT campaign I run during the football game last night.

Cheers,
    D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	029 MAP - RIVER CROSSING.jpg 
Views:	1390 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	30983  

I like the feeling of depht you achieved with the water. Very good.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done, my only little nitpick would be to lower the opacity of the grid so it isn't so distracting.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Looks outstanding! Very realistic looking. What did you use?

I, too, would greatly reduce the opacity of the grid to where it was just visible enough that you don't have to strain real hard to see it. Grids are a necessary evil, unfortunately.

I made that unforgivable sin of cartographers - I merged the layers and saved as a JPEG...thus, I can't lower the opacity (at least via any method I know). We play with a projector shining upward on our playing surface and often the grid isn't very visible, so I have to over-do it a bit. Next time I'll save with the layers and/or remove the grid altogether.

I used Paintshop Pro 8.0. Don't have Photoshop. Some day, some day...

Thanks,
    D

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks good destan, to bad about the layer merging - and no, you can't really remove it once its there unless you wanna go over it all with a stamp-brush or such. Have some rep
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

I like the map a lot but I also think the grid is a bit strong. Still, you can adjust the grid even with a fixed jpeg since it has a regular spacing and a mostly unique colour. So you can pick that up and make some modifications to the image that way. Better to have saved the image in its original app file format as well as a JPG/PNG or whatever tho. One to remember for next time.

Wow, cool. Redrobes if it's not a huge file could you maybe send me the version you have wherein you weakened the grid? I'm at yahoo.com - name is rjsmalls. Either way, thanks.

Blog Entries

good point redrobes - and nicely done ... one thinks that black is everywhere - but of course, it being a grid its easy to select only that and just paint with a lighter color - good catch
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Blog Entries

good point redrobes - and nicely done ... one thinks that black is everywhere - but of course, it being a grid its easy to select only that and just paint with a lighter color - good catch
    regs tilt