2 6.90%
  • RecklessEnthusiasm - The Spire

16 55.17%
  • Tilt - a ruin in the blight

4 13.79%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** October/November Lite Challenge VOTING - Zooming In Further ***

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

It was a tough choice for me between RE and Tilt, but I ended up going with Tilt because I like the color scheme better, as well as the mutated Blight trees.

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessEnthusiasm View Post
    Sharpe: In the top post, you can click the giant text link "Oct/Nov Challenge Thumbs" and it will take you to all the thumbnails, which in turn link to the full sized images and their WIP threads.
    This I did not know.

Hey, I voted for you! Good thing you told me that. XD

Great maps again people! RE's map got my vote... and of course rep for all. cheers!
    Last edited by Djekspek; 11-17-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: edit: darn my sword of repping broke yet again :(

I voted for RE, love the ambiance. Just wish I could have completed my submission. Good work everyone!
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Had to vote for RE's Spire as I like it in spite of it being in a style I don't usually care for.

Larb - Thanks! The 3D model was a last minute add-on. It was a cinch to whip up in Sketchup, but people seem to like having that extra bit to help them visualize (In all maps, I mean, not mine). I think this is something Gameprinter learned a long time ago, as he often has one or two supplemental images on his maps, and he's gotta have somewhere near the record for challenge wins.
    Jaxilon - Thanks for calling me out on that. I honestly didn't know what to put in the place--now that you mention it, I don't know why a throne would be on the top floor either.
    Sharpe - No problem, my man, and Thanks. You should join in on the next challenge!
    Rdanhenry - I am curious, what about this type of style do you generally not like? Do you prefer the abstract grid-paper style encounter map, or just clean lines/colors?
    Gaemon - Thanks, my man. Your entry was definitely one of my favorite ones. I am surprised you wanted to pull it, actually, as I thought it looked pretty well finished.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

then again, there could be a million reasons for the throne to be on the top floor. Maybe the guy likes the view? I know that in Assasins Quest, the king used the highest tower to "skill" from, so a comfortable chair would have been nice there congrats on the victory RE
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks, Tilt! Your entry was pretty rocking, too! I hope to post a more in depth C&C of the ones here when I get a chance.
    Edit: Oh no, I typed out a paragraph for each and it logged me out! I lost it. Darn it! I'll see if I can retype later.
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 11-22-2010 at 10:39 AM.

If you knew what I had planned for the entire project you would udnerstand. Basically here's what I hadn't finished furnishing the 1F with a library common eating area and kitchen near the stairs down, 2F quarters for the monks, 3F priors room and office , infirmary and balcony with organs. I was going to also add a stable in the sw corner with the insides fleshed out on the 1F and roof and such on 2F. Have a sectional view mid branches of te tree on 2F and the crown of the trees of leaves on 3F. For the chapel section was going to add perspective tthe further you got up and added the windows and such in it in an isometric view. Also going to add a mist effect or glow effect on each floor that escalates the further up you get which braught previous floor elements out of focus and put enphasis on the new elements for the floors. Then top it off with a lighting scheme that made it look like sundown or dusk. Ya..... I bit off more then I could chew. Once I finish the world map I'm working on I'll finish this up.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12