Thread: NEW Question: FSC file format?

Default NEW Question: FSC file format?

I downloaded a bunch of symbols for mapping awhile back, and they are in FSC file format. How do I view these? I remembered I wanted to convert some of them to custom shapes after I got Illustrator (which I now have), and now I can't open them.

I assume they are in the CC format, but when I tried to download their viewing tool it doesn't ever send the link to my E-mail (and I've tried several times, with different addresses). Is there another way around this? I probably found them using links found on this site in the first place.

Campaign Cartographer 2 file extension. I don't use the software so that's all I know but I'm assuming it proprietary to Pro Fantasy.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I found I had an old copy of CC2 viewer on my comp (still can't download the CC3 version), and although I'm not getting an error message when I try to open the files, I'm also not seeing anything but solid green (and I've tried several).

If I can just see the damn things I can grab them LOL.

I believe the viewer is only intended to open FCW files—actual maps. The FSC is a symbol catalog, and the viewer is specifically designed to prevent it being used to extract the symbols.

If the catalogs you are trying to open were the ones provided by jaerdaph a while back, I believe you could go back to the original sources he converted them from and simply download those instead. I think most of them were fonts. There should be a sticky in the Mapping Resources forum with all of those links.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Well, I know I found them through the resources thread - they are probably symbol sets built by users of CC on the CC site (IIRC). For me to have downloaded them, I must have been able to see them at the time (because I only downloaded very specific ones).

So if I can follow that thread again back to where I found them, then I can grab them as pics right off my screen. I have a feeling I could have done that to begin with, but thought I could use the viewer to open them. Ah, well.

In the interim, while looking for them I found some really great font sets from the other thread, and now I want to build my own custom font set by picking-apart all the others.

Thanks for your help guys.