Thread: Commission: Exodus World Map...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Commission: Exodus World Map...

Hi all,
    This is the world map for Louis Porter, Jr. Design's NeoExodus: A House Divided campaign setting. I finally was able to get this completed after the publisher gave me a list of cities and their locations on the map. You can see the WiP thread here. Unfortunately the attachment system doesn't seem to be working at the moment so I'm just going to give a link and come back later to see if I can upload the pic.

This was my first paid commission...something that never would have come about if it were not for this wonderful community and its members. I've decided to have the publisher donate the amount he would have paid me ($100) to Cartographer's Guild for me. Consider it a 10% tithe on my first $1,000 in future commissions! Thanks, everyone, for turning me on to a great hobby.

I should specifically credit Old Guy for giving me ideas about randomizing a coastline (I used the technique from his tutorial and modified it somewhat) and Ascension for some of the techniques I used in creating the basic map (from his atlas style tutorial). General thanks to everyone that commented in the WiP thread.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exodus.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	794.4 KB 
ID:	31019  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 11-19-2010 at 02:43 AM.