Thread: Commission: Exodus World Map...

Default Commission: Exodus World Map...

Hi all,
    This is the world map for Louis Porter, Jr. Design's NeoExodus: A House Divided campaign setting. I finally was able to get this completed after the publisher gave me a list of cities and their locations on the map. You can see the WiP thread here. Unfortunately the attachment system doesn't seem to be working at the moment so I'm just going to give a link and come back later to see if I can upload the pic.

This was my first paid commission...something that never would have come about if it were not for this wonderful community and its members. I've decided to have the publisher donate the amount he would have paid me ($100) to Cartographer's Guild for me. Consider it a 10% tithe on my first $1,000 in future commissions! Thanks, everyone, for turning me on to a great hobby.

I should specifically credit Old Guy for giving me ideas about randomizing a coastline (I used the technique from his tutorial and modified it somewhat) and Ascension for some of the techniques I used in creating the basic map (from his atlas style tutorial). General thanks to everyone that commented in the WiP thread.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exodus.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	794.4 KB 
ID:	31019  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 11-19-2010 at 02:43 AM.

Congratulations, Mearrin! And cool stuff...both, your map and the generous donation. Nice gesture! I hope you'll get many more commissions.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Thanks! Looks like his donation went through already...cool. Still can't upload the image though. Will try again later.
    M

Yeah I could upload either I guess its a site issue then. But awesome work mearrin!! As long as your having fun it's worth it in the long run!!
    Last edited by geamon; 11-18-2010 at 06:34 PM.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Well, look at that...uploads work again. Map's up in the first post now.
    M

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Nice work there. Just in time too, I was looking for a new wallpaper for the computer

(bloody heck, still can't rep you, gotta spread the love...)

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very nice mearrin - and congrats on the commision
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Congratulations on a terrific map, and on your first commission Mearrin. Enjoy some rep.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh