Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: November Entry: Castle Marlbrook

Good eyes, Ramah! I was in such a hurry to finish this map, I missed that detail. If I have time, I will correct that. Plus there's a hand-drawn layer on top of one of the towers of the main keep, I need to fix that too. I'll try to get it done today.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Default Tweaked and done, again...

Added some shadows to the town in the background, then thought I need shadows on the trees and house in the foreground. Fixed the overlayed hand-drawing on the tower. And I'm done once again. Tweaked and complete...

GP

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marlbrook-final.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	31055
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Looks great! The last shadows really improved the overall feel of it

Blog Entries

Yup, that fixed it.

I'm glad you also added shadows to other things too, such as the opposite river bank. Really gives it all a cohesive feel now. Great stuff.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

The shadows helped a lot. I like the angle you chose for this too.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks, everybody. I had very little time to fit this map/illustration into my schedule this month.

My goal was to create a simple, realistic castle that isn't isometric, as the there is a defined angle of view. Note the farmhouse in the front. You can still see the front and one side, but this is nearly a topdown view. Had the map been a few inches longer on the bottom, at center of the map buildings would be completely topdowns. Yet the town in the distance is a much lower angle of view. So the perspective is from a single aerial viewpoint, rather than a true isometric map.

I also wanted to create an implied 3D effect to feel the castle and hill it sits upon, as well as the farmhouse was higher in elevation from the town to the north by the river. I didn't use bevels or other digital effects, rather lineart and shadowing effects only. I think it worked.

Perhaps I could have put in some more detail if I had time, but this map will do.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 11-25-2010 at 04:14 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12