Thread: Asthenum

Default Asthenum

Hello everyone. I think I've posted a prototype of this map before on an older account, but now I've reworked it from the ground up and feel that it's pretty much complete. The setting is in the future, so I felt that a realistic map would be more appropriate than a stylized one. I used NASA images of various continents and ALOT of the patch and clone tools in Photoshop. Critiques would be appreciated so I can fix anything and finish it.

A few explanations to help understand the land. The bottom right corner is a lake, not an ocean. The upper 3rd of the map is mostly tropical rain forest and islands. The middle 3rd is savanna and a high mountain chain that separates this land from the rest of its continent. The south is obviously a huge desert that's overshadowed by a smaller mountain chain. The turquoise peninsula has been terraformed by alien colonists; that's why it's an odd color. The small grey island mass is more of a corrupted land with little life. The majority of this land's geography was inspired by Africa, Australia and South America.

I don't know how to attach photos here so here is my photobucket:

http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/...t=Asthenum.jpg

Thanks for looking and critiquing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks pretty nice...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Nice looking. The "sun-denched wasteland" in the south comes across loud and clear. You could dial back the brightness there and still get the same effect - without washing out details.

Guild Apprentice

It looks really nice. And it really really really looks like the map of my not-yet mapped campaign setting... Strange coincidence! Good work.