Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Somalia Map (WIP)

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Thanks.

To answer the first question; no good reason... I started with the numbers font for everything, then decided the grungy title font was better...but I was too lazy to change everything!

As to the second question; because I had an "outer glow" happening on the town circles, when I placed the roads below them, the roads tended to fade out just as they reached the towns, and it looked odd. So I left them on the layer above. Huh...now you got me thinking. Maybe I could duplicate the town circle layer, turn off the glow and then place the road layer in between the two town layers, so the glowing layer is below and the non-glowing one above.

Ahh, thanks.

I'm guessing here, but if you've got the strokes on the road as a layerstyle, it might be easier just to continue the roads a little bit more using a hard round brush so the 'ends' are hidden under the town circle.. :: edit :: oops, sorry, I should read you post properly before engaging my fingers!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

You know, Peter likes the map as it is. yes I could continue to tweak away at it, but I dont think I will.

So, if this map is done, should I be cross-posting into the finished maps forums? Is that what people normally do; start a WIP thread then post the same thing to the finished forums when you are done? Just curious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12