Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP - Simple Wooden Ship

@Crayons - excellent information. I guess I didn't do too awfully bad for a land lubber This has already shipped (hehe, a pun) to the requester as he had asked for it by the 27th. Some of the stuff you said made sense too. I thought the row boats were kind of small but they were the same size as the sketch I was provided with. I guess they aren't really important this time since it's for a battlemap. They are about 10' long if I remember and I provided them as objects so they can be pasted as desired. LOL, makes me imagine: "Here, I know we are in the middle of the Ocean and the waves are huge but we have this inflated inner tube for your escape."

In any event, I will use this info on the next ship I do or if I come back to this one.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hehe... I remember Crayons been throwing about nautical terms before, good post Crayons ... and reading these posts again and seing the ship made my mind flash "The Lifeship Traders" by Robin Hobb in my mind, great books (if one likes fantasy - but read assasins quest first) and also a lot of stuff about cramped quarters in those.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks Great Jax...(I don't know donkey about ships which I am slowly starting to rectify.. )
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Looks great, only thing I can add:

(Not sure bout this... its more a feeling)

The Hammocks for crew are a bit small try making them a bit bigger....

Or I'm just insane

(I think 1.25 squares long should be about right)

ROFL - I thought I did that as 1.25 was what I was shooting for but somewhere between the designer and the builder it broke down. People can't sleep on the connecting strands and the stand, LOL. That's a good catch there. I guess it'll have to be a Kinder ship or something now
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Bear in mind that the body also sags in a hammock, so it isn't stretched full length. There's a few inches. Also, if you're going historical or pseudo-historical rather than full fantasy, you're looking at a shorter average height than modern humans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12