Thread: The Hex Caverns

Wip The Hex Caverns

This cavern is for the OSRIC project I'm currently working on. There are a series of caverns that are reported to be cursed/haunted and they are known locally as the Hex Caverns. Thanks to RobA for the cross-hatching image. I finally got around to putting it to use.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hex-cavern001.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	756.8 KB 
ID:	17796

I still have other details to add to the map but this is a start.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

More cool stuff...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks SG. I'm currently writing up the Inn of the Laughing Giant stuff so far, but I take breaks and work on the other stuff for my OSRIC project as the inspiration hits me. The real task will be bringing everything together into one unified project. So far, I have notes and maps (both in various degrees of completion) for the Inn, the earth god shrine (who I might call Khondu because 'earth god' is so boring, the temple of the air god (now named Solaero), and the start of the Irongate Dwarven Mining Company shop). That's not including my real work.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

The Earth God in my homebrew is named "Zur" (with an accent over the 'u') - it always sounds better to me when the dieties have names.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Heh heh, I first read Zur as Zul which made me immediately think of Ghostbusters (which in my books isn't a bad thing - loved the movies and loved the RPG).

Here's the second Hex Caverns map.

Name:	hex-cavern002-1.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	836.6 KB 
ID:	18132
    Cheers,
    Tim

I've decided to redesign the Hex Caverns from the ground up. I now have 11 pages of caverns drawn up. I'm in the process of converting the drawings to the computer and cleaning them up.

I've decided to release the previous two cavern maps that I've posted under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License. Here are those maps with area numbers added.

Name:	caverns-001.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	918.8 KB 
ID:	18567 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caverns-002.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	901.5 KB 
ID:	18568
    Cheers,
    Tim

Hello Turgenev..

First of all, nice map.....
    Where did you get the crosshatch tile? Or did you make it yourself? And would it be possible to get my hands on it?

-ss-
    -Sigurd Sigurd Brutus Motor-

Quote Originally Posted by sigurdbjohansson View Post
    Hello Turgenev..

Where did you get the crosshatch tile? Or did you make it yourself? And would it be possible to get my hands on it?

-ss-
    Here is one I posted up a while back: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?3746

-Rob A>

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Excellent work..and agree on the deity names the stranger the better..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sigurdbjohansson View Post
    It has been ages since I've looked at these maps but I believe the crosshatch was the one that RobA posted up thread. Thanks again for posting that link, Rob, because I lost it when my old computer died.
    Cheers,
    Tim