Thread: Hello

Post Hello

Hi,

I've always had an interest in drawing maps, though I'm not very good at it. I like drawing fantasy and science fiction maps. Its mainly for general interest. I don't plan on making a career out of it, unless by some miracle I happen to be amazing at making them. I hope to get lots of tips on making them from these forums and maybe eventually I'll be giving tips.
    About me, I'm a grade 10 student in Nova Scotia. I play the euphonium in concert band and trombone in jazz. I plan on going into music as a career. I like reading, making models of tank and such, and gaming on my PC and PSP.
    I think my interest in maps is part of the reason I prefer strategy games to others. I always like to mess around with the map editors in any game I get. Anyways, I'll be around the tutorials section mostly. See you around.
    Last edited by Phosphenes; 11-28-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Hey! your one year behind me (gr 11).

Welcome to the guild!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild, when you're ready to try out the tutorials post your work in a WIP thread for help and critique
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Hi, Phosphenes - welcome to the Guild! It can be enough for most of us to just play with maps - having a career that involves them would be icing on the cake for me. It actually was for a while - I was drawn to the GIS company I worked for about a dozen years by the idea of at least working around maps. That aspect was nice, even though the closest I got to the maps was system-level software and such. At your point you do have the opportunity of steering your life at least some... if you get really good at pretty much anything, somebody could be found that needs to hire you. Or you could convince the world to hire you (AKA being in business on your own) :-).

As somebody totally not oriented toward brass music, I can still recommend my alma mater, Tennessee Tech University ... sometimes also known as "Tuba U". A bit out of your orbit, true.

Try some of the tutorials, and give us a look at what you come up with!

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave