Thread: Minecraft Map

Default Minecraft Map

Minecraft is a video game that makes procedurally generated terrain out of blocks, which you explore and edit in first person. If you haven't played it, I highly recommend trying it out.
    I play on an online Minecraft server, but the save file corrupted. Because of this, we can't use our automatic map maker anymore. When thinking of alternatives, someone suggested an old world style map. Because none of us can draw or use Photoshop very well, I have come to you kind people for help.

Here is a screenshot of the main body masses of our world, in isometric view. I realize the hardest part of this would be transferring it to top down view, but its all I have. If no one is willing to do this, can someone give me tips on where to even start?

Here's a sloppy version one of our members made on an iPad:

I put this up so you can kind of see what I'm looking for. If you want to try to make the towns part of the map, I can probably dig up some more screenshots of a few of them, similar to the first image, just with a higher zoom level. I could even get some top down views of very small sections of the map, if I install a flight mod and get permission from the server owner. If any of you actually play Minecraft, you could even get white-listed yourself, and actually see what cartographing an existing landmass would be like!

I really don't need anything too fancy or ornate. I will appreciate any help I can get.
    Last edited by Danta7; 12-28-2010 at 05:31 AM.