Thread: Hello good people!

Default Hello good people!

I found this forum by searching about how to make my own maps, this one looks very interesting, and i think i can learn a lot from you guys, and maybe share some stuff too. You all can call me Morinëhtar, Allatar, Mori, or whatever variation, i took this from Tolkien tales, it's the blue mage name in elvish (noldorin). Sorry for any english mistakes, i'm still learning.

Don't worry, my Portuguese is awful!

Welcome to the site, if you know the style of maps you want to emulate, you'll have a good head start. Look at the Finished Maps and Cartographers Choice forums to pick a style you like. In most cases you'll also see what software was used to create it, then go to the Software Forum to pick out the software you prefer. Then go to the Tutorials Forum and find the tutorials that use the software you prefer. Once you start on a map design, post it in the WIP (work in progress) Forums right away, and our experts can help you/guide to a masterpiece.

We've got many tutorials on Photoshop by the way.

Look forward to see what you come up with - again, welcome!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Don't worry, my Portuguese is awful!

Welcome to the site, if you know the style of maps you want to emulate, you'll have a good head start. Look at the Finished Maps and Cartographers Choice forums to pick a style you like. In most cases you'll also see what software was used to create it, then go to the Software Forum to pick out the software you prefer. Then go to the Tutorials Forum and find the tutorials that use the software you prefer. Once you start on a map design, post it in the WIP (work in progress) Forums right away, and our experts can help you/guide to a masterpiece.

We've got many tutorials on Photoshop by the way.

Look forward to see what you come up with - again, welcome!

GP
    Thanks for the help!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome, and Gamerprinter pretty much said it all
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave