Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** December Challenge: Pirate Cavern ***

Hi all

I am not able to take part in this month's challenge, because I am currently on holiday in the U.K. (or Ravland for the locals). I just borrowed a friend's computer to check in and wanted to say that the entries for this months challenge are amazing. Its also the biggest field that I seen so far. I'm really wishing I could take part. Good luck to all.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Have fun, over here, Torq! How long are you over for? I would love to ask you to meet up for a drink but I have wall to wall commitments at the moment and trying to clear my desk before christmas. Maybe next time....when I'm in Cape Town!

cheers

Ravs

Hey Ravs

I'm in London (Wimbledon) until 22 Dec and then going to stay with family in the country, place called Pangbourne (between Reading and Oxford) until 26, then off to Paris for a couple of days.

Also snowed under what with sight seeing tours of London for the kids and about a hundred shows booked by the wife. Great country, a little on the chilly side for me though. When you are in Cape Town give me a shout. Its weird I only seem to get decent computer time to do any maps when I am at the office. I notice you haven't entered this month's challenge. Are you really that busy?

Torq

I'm actually not that far from you (Richmond), but things are now beginning to ease up a little (clients wanting to close things down before Christmas). Do you fancy doing lunch sometime this week? Have you seen the High Courts of Justice on the Strand? I can't do Wednesday, but how does Thursday grab you?

Hi Ravs

I'm on limited net time so I'm getting your posts quite late. I would love to get together but Thurs is a bit problematic. Going to early matinee of Mary Poppins (man thats embarrasing), then meeting family in Hyde Park. Dont know if there will be much time.

I have seen the Courts. It was in that part of the City yesterday buying supplies for the ridiculous outfits that I wear to court and ran into a few barristers who took me for coffee and a mini guided tour of the inns.

Just to detract from this blatant threadjack, the underground maps fascinate me. English people also seem somewhat obsessed with road maps. I'm amazed by how much more important maps are here than they are where I come from. Although how this relates to a pirate cave I'm not sure. Come to think of it I have met a few cabbies since I've been here.

Torq

Blog Entries

General question,

When it comes to voting is it assumed that you vote for yourself or that you are not allowed to vote for yourself or is it no rule. If you like somebody else better than your own and want to vote that way then fair enough.

Its just that with about 9 entries this month that would mean up to 8 votes lost if we all voted for our own map. If we weren't allowed to vote for your own map then there would be a better cast.

Just feels like id miss out on considering all the final entries if I had to vote for myself to stay on a level footing. Maybe technically its not possible to tell who voted for what or set up the poll so that it could be checked - I don't know.

Thought id be up front about it before the polls start.

You can vote for yourself if you want to. Have to say, I've never done it (it just feels wrong), but you can.

Please, please don't forget that one the best things about this site is that we all have in common the idea of making beautiful maps and the real strength is the help we receive from others in making them. It really doesn't matter if you win or lose because creative endeavour is not really about that. I think that we're a lot more honest about choosing a map we like rather than one we drew.

Blog Entries

Oh good, ill vote for anothers map then.

speaking of voting... shouldn't that be happening about a few days ago?
    Something witty and pithy

Post I tried...

I PMed both Arcana and Pyrandon regarding the delay - but no response yet. I don't want to seem anal, by over-reminding them, but yeah its bugging me too...
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast