• Small Castle - by Mrmox42

0 0%
  • Castle Mol - by NeonKnight

1 2.78%
  • Rice Hotel, Houston, Texas - by sigurdbjohansson

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** November10 Challenge Voting - Castles ***

I voted for Devin Night's entry because it was indeed map-ish and very well presented. I would have liked a key for the various rooms but I guess someone who wanted to use it can do that themselves.
    It was very hard not to vote for DJ's entry. I really loved the way it looked and while I guess I could see it as a side view map it's not my favorite direction to look at one. That said, if I had to have one of these on my wall I would print DJ's, it just looks wonderful.
    Mrmox - A fun entry, I enjoyed going up and down the levels.
    GP's - as mentioned more of an illustration but still nice.
    Imm - good work on the 3d stuff, you will probably have this down really well soon if you keep at it and then everyone better watch out.
    Neon - As stated, a nice Old School look
    Siq - Nice creative entry albeit a pretty simple looking map which is exactly what the Pip Boy looks like but hard to vote for against DN's more finely detailed entry.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I`m quite overdue on this, but I`d VERY much like to withdraw my contribution as it is FAR from complete. Just ain`t enough hours in a day.....

Oh, and Gamerprinter got my vote..... Love those isos.
    -Sigurd Sigurd Brutus Motor-

I would agree with what everyone else haas already said. Djekspek makes a beautiful image and presents it very well, the rest are all done very well considering how little time we had. I'm voting for GP's map, you get a good sense of it in it's environment.

With a bit more work, NeonKnight would have had my vote, but DevinNight offered a finished and well-designed entry that was also clearly a map of a castle. Djekspek and Gamerprinter provided beautiful entries, but I have to call them illustrations rather than maps. I would find either of NK's or DN's entries useful in navigating their chosen castles. I'm probably more likely to use Castle Mol, even in its current state, but I could use the Dwarven Keep if I wanted to. For several of the others, I could use them as handouts, but I'd still need to make my own floorplan.

Devin gets my vote. It's a very impressive entry and has a lot of information packed into one map. Everything in this map works for me. Well done everyone.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Denmark. Tiny place. used to be a lot of vikings around here.

I was torn (many talented artists here) but ended up voting for Gamerprinters Map. I enjoy your work - and Rep for the rest of you, too.

There are some insanely good entries this month. Normally a winner jumps right out at me, but I'm having a really tough time of it right now. Three of these I already have plans for LOL

Since I have to pick just one, I would have to go with DevinNight, simply because it is the most straight-forward. I actually prefer looking at Djekspek's castle (you got mad skills, dude), but its just not a map, IMHO. Still, an amazingly beautiful piece of artwork. Special Mention has to go to Gameprinter as well - just lovely.

Cheers to everyone who participated this month.

Djekspek got my vote, but it was a tooth and nail battle with DevinNight. Wish I had two votes this month!

This is one challenge I hope we reprise in the future! I would love to see more castles--every D&D party wanders into one sooner or later.
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 11-29-2010 at 11:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Congratz Devin, your entry must have come through from behind as it was not leading when I voted for it. Well done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast