Thread: Map for an Elemental Chaos Area, for Home campaign

Map Map for an Elemental Chaos Area, for Home campaign

Hello Mr. or Mrs. Cartographer,

***EDIT: THE COMMERCIAL RIGHTS ARE THE ARTISTS***

I would greatly appreciate a map. My Players will soon be reaching an area of the Elemental Chaos inhabited by 3 Titan Factions. It is a large, 6 mile in length, Oval shaped valley, ringed by the high, dark, Blackreach mountains.
    From the edges of the mountains closest to the valley, there rises a great air bubble, keeping out a great sea of stormy Water! In this sea, the Storm titan faction resides in submerged, floating castle of coral. The castle orbits near the Valley.
    The next faction, the Eldritch, have a great Iron Keep at the east end of the valley. It boasts a portcullis and is trapezoid shaped. It also has no roof.
    The final faction, Fire, has a great Fortress on the North banks of the Ash Lake, (which dominates the center of the valley, it is about 2/3 of a mile in diameter) and great building yards for their siege machines to the east, north, and west of their compound.

There is a small lake at the foot of the Blackreach's on the western end of the valley. A great spout of water twists into the sky, where it empties into the Outer Sea. The Lake never empties, however.

The final feature is the Arcanist spire. The great purple Pillar of creation, pulsing with Arcane force, starts in the western portion of the Blackreach's ringing the valley and extends into the Outer sea as far as the eye can see.

So, thats my map request! It would mean the world to my campaign if this were to be fullfilled.
    I would like to have all the commercial rights to the map, with the artist free to showcase it. It would need to be available to print.

So, thats my map request! please, please decide to take this Esteemed cartographer!
    If any clarifications need to be made, please feel free to message me. I'll respond ASAP.
    Thanks for reading, and hopefully considering!!
    Last edited by Soklemon; 11-29-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Error in text

Unngh...seems a bit hard to swallow that you want commercial rights to a map you are asking someone to do for free. To be honest, no offense meant, it seems preposterous. Now, if you were to put it such that if you ever did any commercial sale the artist got some sort of payment for his work you might stand a better chance of getting a taker.

I myself have done a few maps for free but there was no thoughts about anyone trying to make money off them. So all I'm saying is you might want to rethink that part of your request.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I am so sorry. Me saying now "I didnt mean to put commercial rights in there" Will seem like I am just saying that so the map will be considered. But, in this case, it is true. I just need this map for my home campaign, whatever else is done with it is up to the artist.
    Oops.
    Last edited by Soklemon; 11-28-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Spelling was bugging me.

So it sounds like you have no real thoughts about trying to sell it commercially although, if somehow someone came along as asked you for your campaign you wouldn't be against it. Not many of us would be. In that case, you can probably just hash out those details with the artist.

Perhaps one of the more experienced cartographers will happen along and pitch in some words of wisdom. We did have quite a lengthy post on transactions a few months ago. I probably should have bookmarked those as I'm sure I'll be looking them up again soon. And don't worry if you need to make changes to your request, it's perfectly fine to do so. That's what this forum is for anyway.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Excellent! thanks for the advice
    and your totally correct, Id just love to have this map for my home game.