Thread: Model of house

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Model of house

I was cleaning out some old stuff, when I fell over this model I made of our house as we were building it. I basicly transferred the land lots measurements to a fiberplate in scale 1:100 and then build the house from wood to that scale. I only have outside pictures, but the inner walls was made too. The little plastic figures are also scale 1:100.
    The model was a good help to find out where we should place the house.
    The green upright things are hedges (most of them non-existant at that time (and still rather low today)), the green thing lying down are to show the height of the road compared to the height of the lot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	model02.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	31165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	model03.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	31166   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	model01.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	31167  
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'd love to do something like that but my compulsiveness would mean that I would never get it done. Nice stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

With all that you now know, would you still do it this way or use something like sketchup ?

Blog Entries

hmmmm good question Redrobes - I'd probably start off in Sketchup, and if I had extra time I might do the model building... been a long time since i made any IRL models though *lol*
    I'm actually thinking of making my house with an idea for an upper floor in Sketchup - and if I can find out what angle the sun comes from I can calculate the impact of a second floor on our back yard and our neighbours garden. However, I have no idea about sun angles and stuff like that - other than they changes with the seasons ... but that would be cool - and also help showing the extremely small change it would be to our neighbours so they'd smile and say - sounds great *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Blog Entries

I just snapped some photos of the inside of the house before handing it over to my kids to play with
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0511.JPG 
Views:	5847 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	31977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0513.JPG 
Views:	5036 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	31978  
    regs tilt