Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, who is doing NaNoWriMo?

Default So, who is doing NaNoWriMo?

As National* Novel Writing Month is nigh upon us (actually, it is upon part of the world already), I thought I'd see who among the writer-types here is participating. And will you be doing a map for it? (I am and I will.) Also, if you want to be writing buddies (basically, it just means it's easier to check on each other's progress, which helps put the pressure on; also, you can provide words of encouragement, etc., but that takes away precious novel-writing time), or just want to satisfy some strange curiosity about my NaNoWriMo site, my page is at http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/413153.

* - It's actually quite international, but they haven't changed the name. InNoWriMo doesn't have the right ring to it, I guess.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sounds like fun, if I had the time I just might join in
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

OMG you won last year! How cool.

So is that 50,000 words in 30 days?
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

And this year my goal is not to just make the 50,000 in 30 days, but actually conclude my story during November.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    And this year my goal is not to just make the 50,000 in 30 days, but actually conclude my story during November.
    Man, I really struggle with endings. (Lousy B.Ed Lit. taught me nothing! ) I can never come up with something poignant and satisfying.

Then again neither can Dan Brown and he still seems to do okay.
    Last edited by Aval Penworth; 10-31-2010 at 05:44 PM.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aval Penworth View Post
    Man, I really struggle with endings. (Lousy B.Ed Lit. taught me nothing! ) I can never come up with something poignant and satisfying.

Then again niether can Dan Brown and he seems to still do okay.
    why did I just think of Monty Python's Holy Grail here *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

I wish I was a writer. I have always thought I should try it and I won first place in a National Wildlife essay contest in High School. They even told me I was going to be a writer some day. I guess writing code is sort of like writing. Only now I'm retired from writing software (more or less) and I'm doing other things. I ought to take a creative writing class and give it a shot or something. I could spend the rest of my days as a scribe...hehe. I do write poems when I get the bug. I also GM my friends in a game world I made up and so I sort of tell stories that way. Who knows, maybe I missed a calling along the way?

I have to say though that I don't really like the name "InNoWriMo". Reminds me of "fashizzle" <-- or whatever that rubbish was/is. Sorry, no offense, but I just think that if you are going to talk around other people they should understand you. So just learn to speak. [I have to be honest and admit this might be a sign of my getting old ]

Edit:
    Thanks for the link to the website, now that I'm reading it I have to admit it does sound like a great challenge and a lot of fun. I just have to decide if I want to blow out the rest of my month attempting something like this. It is a great idea. I'm heading back to read more about it. Even though I'm already behind since it will be the 2nd in less than an hour
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 11-02-2010 at 02:05 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

a couple of thousand words pr day - come on Jax - you can do it ... and by the way, try checking out "writing excuses" by (amongst others) Brandon Sanderson (one of my absolute favorites), they are on podcast and free and take up a lot of tips and tricks on how to write
    regs tilt

Really...I got this MASSIVE book here beside my by Brandon Sanderson called "The Way of Kings". It's got some really fancy artwork. He pulled a miracle getting all this art into this book. I don't think I have seen a book with so much art in it since I read a copy of The Hobbit that had illustrations. Pretty cool maps too I must say.

I did sign up by the way because I wanted to get into the site and see more stuff...only now I realized I actually did sign up for the contest. Maybe it's a sign

Now I'll have to figure out what to write about. 2000 words a day. I wonder how many that is when you sit down and actually just start writing? I may have to find out.

edit: can't find the podcast but I know I saw it on there somewhere.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 11-02-2010 at 03:35 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

envious - haven't gotten that one yet, but read his Mistborn novels, which were fantastic, and Warbreaker, also great ...and have TWoK on my wish list on Amazon. ... heard about him when he was announced to take over Wheel of Time
    and Good luck Jax
    regs tilt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast