View Poll Results: Map an Underground River?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - let's go spelunking!

12 100.00%
  • No - I suffer from hydrophobia...

0 0%

Thread: Map an Underground River

Default Map an Underground River

Kind of an Underdark map, or doing a cavern system, how about mapping an underground river system. You don't have to include the entire river, as in both its source and outlet, but show us the biome it creates and its path through the rock. Show more than a river inside a great cavern though, show us passages completely submersed in water, show twists, waterfalls (dropping into pits), channels through the rock.

Perhaps create a yucatan river system with areas used for drowning pits near Mayan temple sites. Perhaps create a dwarf region of the underdark and how the river is used to drive water mills and water pumps that supply the under mansion. Lots of ways to go, but let's primarily reflect the river itself.

Thoughts?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I sort of have an idea for this already but I would only want to map the Dam for it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sounds like a challenging idea
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Love it. Thumbs up for me.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like this one as well. Back in college we had this cave called Devil's Icebox and it was really an underground stream that ran for about 200 miles (according to those who had the scuba gear, which we did not) and was full of bats and was accessed by what was basically a crack in the surface that wound down about 30 feet to water level. Guess I know what I'll be doing if we do this
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Sounds like a good one...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.