Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Kingdom Of Shendenflar

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip The Kingdom Of Shendenflar

I decided that it was time to map the Kingdom that Northrun and Riverhewn belonged to. So a hour or so of doodling and here's the preliminary sketch with all the major features and locations called out. Because I'm obsessive.. there will be plenty of updates on this one as well.. As always feedback is requested and appreciated..Thanks!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shendenflar Regional.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	467.3 KB 
ID:	29692
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Good luck on finishing this map without reaching 10 pages of posts(not that that's bad)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeil View Post
    Good luck on finishing this map without reaching 10 pages of posts(not that that's bad)
    Now you know me...
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip Well what do you know about that?...

Hmm..this one MAY be finished (probably not but it sort of looks it at the moment.. ) This one was fun it was also my first attempt at some terrian mapping using Ascension's excellent tutorial..

I wish I had been more "creative" with names back in the day..but I was going for a simple "feel" people name places by what they are near or after something that the place reminds them of. As always feedback is requested and appreciated..Thanks!!

Views:	113 
Size:	4.54 MB 
ID:	29699
    Last edited by jtougas; 09-25-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Finished Maps

That is excellent. I would love to learn what technique you used for those trees.

Blog Entries

Thanks the trees are a GIMP brush that I made from a texture that was generated by the Ecoforester program.

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

Never say:"Well it looks finished..." We all know what that means.. I added some farmland and a compass rose now it looks a little finished... As always feedback is requested and appreciated..Thanks!!

Views:	99 
Size:	4.54 MB 
ID:	29705

Finished Maps

It's looking good.
    But I find the black dots for the cities a bit too strong and especially the black and red for Riverhewn is a bit annoying for me.Maybe you could lower down the opacity, change the colors or design some hand-drawn symbols(but those I'm not sure if they would go well with this map) but this is just my personal preference.

Edit: Well actually the black dots are not that bad it's Riverhewn that I don't like.
    Edit: But they could use fixing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeil View Post
    It's looking good.
    But I find the black dots for the cities a bit too strong and especially the black and red for Riverhewn is a bit annoying for me.Maybe you could lower down the opacity, change the colors or design some hand-drawn symbols(but those I'm not sure if they would go well with this map) but this is just my personal preference.

Edit: Well actually the black dots are not that bad it's Riverhewn that I don't like.
    Edit: But they could use fixing.
    Good point..that black and red doesn't fit at all sometimes you have to have other people notice things before you do.. thanks I'm going to see if I can whip up some custom symbols or maybe find some cool ones somewhere..

Finished Maps

What's with the blue line up the right side, almost looks like a left over from some effect. I've had those happen to me when I'm not paying attention. Also, what is in the upper left corner, is that ice? If so I would expect the forest on that end to have a bit more white or something. I really like the little fields and stuff you have around the cities.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast