Thread: WIP: City block from my version of Charouse

Guild Novice

Wip WIP: City block from my version of Charouse

This is a map I've recently began making for a RPG campaign that I will GM pretty soon. This is just a part of the City of Charouse, those familiar with the pen-and-paper rgp 7th Sea might know that this is the capital city of Montaigne.
    7th Sea is a rpg set in a world much like our own 1700th century. Swashbuckling adventure galore!

Me being lazy I actually started out with creating the road network using a map over present day Stockholm (Sweden). Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bakgrundskiss.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	31244
    I then created the houses and parks and such. Then I applied some modified, but mostly standard CD3 sheet effects.

The result so far is this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CityBlock1280.jpg 
Views:	806 
Size:	571.6 KB 
ID:	31245

Next will I will try to create some more details and some street names for the larger ones and of course some "points of interests" on the map.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looking forward to the finished version.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Oh that's looking great so far, really clean, I can't wait to see the how it ends up!

Guild Novice

Yes, I'm aiming for a "clean" look with mostly solid colors. Problem at the moment is that I don't realy like the default colors in CC3/CD3, they are abit to "bright and glossy", so I'll have to dust of my photoshop skills later on and try to "fix" the colors to my liking. I'm also thinking about making the map black and white, time will tell. ;-)