Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for tiles of a particular style - 3D -Top Down perspective

Default Looking for tiles of a particular style - 3D -Top Down perspective

So, I am trying to find some additional tiles of the same visual style (3-D top down perspective) as those done by Mazerik here. I KNOW I have seen something like this on Dundjinni's forums, but for the life of me I cannot find them now. While it would be nice to have an assortment of both walls and set decorations, at this point, anything would be helpful.

As it currently stands, Mazerik's are just hallways and are not suitable for making rooms without editing. Now... while I CAN edit to get something, I would rather spend my time doing other things if what I am looking for is already out there somewhere.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I got some tiles in my signature - for now just marble floors - cause I haven't really gotten around to making rock, cobble, dirt floors yet
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    I got some tiles in my signature - for now just marble floors - cause I haven't really gotten around to making rock, cobble, dirt floors yet
    Thanks, but I have plenty of tiles already, as well as being able to quickly make a base underground using RobA's script. What I am looking for is more specific that a straight top down view. What i would like to find (and I know I have seen somewhere on Dundjinni.... at least some examples, not sure if there was a full set) is png with transparency walls where the walls have a 3D perspective. Imagine a top down view of the pit, but instead of just the outline of the pit at the top and the floor at the bottom, you see the outline of the pit, the floor, AND the walls going down with each of the four wall "planes" larger on the higher end and smaller on the bottom end. Imagine viewing the the below from eye level with the wider end close to your eyes and small end furthest from your eyes.

Code:
    _______
    \      /
     \____/
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ah.. I get what you mean - yep seen that in some battle map collections - that can be pretty neat
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

I thought these looked a lot like Torstans mapping tiles. Are they no good for your map ?

No, Torstan's are not the style I am looking for. I have used some of his in the past and probably will in the future, but was just looking for what I know is out there somewhere for more varied VTT play maps.
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:

Oh.. I also know someone has done a set like these in the past for map pack sale, but they were only a single room IIRC.
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I collected pretty much everything from DJ before ever knowing about this place then I quit going there. I went through my files and didn't find anything except this one thing for outdoor walls and it has crenelations and it isn't fully top-down with perspective. Now what you're looking may have come after June 2008 or maybe it was on one of the other sites. Now here's the helpful bit - I saw these sorts of things on the various 3d sites like TurboSquid.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Maybe make some simple corridors in sketchup and texture map them ?

I tried doing something like this for a comp a while back, but I gave up, it's really hard to get it to work properly once you start getting multiple rooms going, and high objects need to be in that forced perspective too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	090505 export.jpg 
Views:	959 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	31256  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast