Thread: The Ancient City of Mari

Default The Ancient City of Mari

Inspiration:
    Last edited by Marken4; 12-07-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Nice perspective view, and I like the color scheme. Oh, and 'Mari' is my mother's name (Japanese). Good job on this. Strange that none of the buildings are taller than the walls of the city, however - not a problem, just strange and the river as it flows through the city is almost too straight. Nice fields though.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Oh.. Sorry if I was unclear on this. I didn't make this map, it's just for inspiration...

Strange that none of the buildings are taller than the walls of the city, however - not a problem
    That's the point of walls - isn't it? To protect the city, so it would make sense that none of buildings are taller than their fortress.

the river as it flows through the city is almost too straight.
    I think it's a canal. It looks far more symmetrical and unnatural than the rest of the river, and since it flows so perfectly through the city, I'm thinking it's probably an artificial path. Makes it easier and safer for the citizens to get water than by traveling all the way out of the city, filling up containers, and coming back.