Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November December Entry: "The Society Of Shadow"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip November December Entry: "The Society Of Shadow"

From the Adventurers Guide to Shendenflar: There is rumored to be a "secret society" in the Kingdom of Shendenflar known as the "Society of Shadow" This group is said to be made up of powerful thieves magic users and warriors all loyal to the crown. This group is rumored to be used by King Baras when the city or Kingdom is under threat but a full visible response would be inappropriate. The exact location of the meeting place for this secret cabal is unknown as is rumored to be located under several prominent locations ranging from Castle Shendenflar to The Nymph Tavern in the town of Northrun.

This is a VERY preliminary WIP of an idea that I've had for a while and with this challenge now seems like the perfect time to get on it..

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	November December .jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	3.21 MB 
ID:	31274
    Last edited by jtougas; 12-09-2010 at 03:49 PM.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Solid layout so far! I am glad we got a good number of entries for the challenge this month--it was looking pretty quiet for a while there. Here's hoping we can all finish by the deadline.

As for C&C:
    Nice looking fireplaces (Dundjinni?) though the shadow makes them look like they are levitating a couple inches off the ground. And of course the repetition of the floor textures bears mentioning. Other than that, though, off to a great start! Good luck!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessEnthusiasm View Post

As for C&C:
    Nice looking fireplaces (Dundjinni?) though the shadow makes them look like they are levitating a couple inches off the ground. And of course the repetition of the floor textures bears mentioning. Other than that, though, off to a great start! Good luck!
    I see what you mean about the shadows (and yes there Dunjinni ) As far as the floor goes it's more of a "place holder" until I figure out what I really want to do. I'm actually thinking of taking this in a very different direction..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking good - you have some white edges on your outside wall.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

Wip

After a few hours of looking at this I decided I liked it enough to keep working. I imagine this as the first floor under the Grinning Goblin Tavern. This floor would serve as a meeting place for the Society as well as a library. More to come...

### LATEST WIP ###

Views:	61 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	31294

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

Added a kitchen and storage area. Still to come the entrance stairs down from the Goblin and a small armory.. I have a series of maps in mind for this project with this being the first. As always feedback is welcome and appreciated..

### LATEST WIP ###

Views:	75 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	31301

Finished Maps

Looking good! Got any more plans for this over the next six days?

Blog Entries

Wip

As a matter of fact...

Here it is in a mostly finished state. I may fiddle with it a bit more but I'm happy with it. The only thing I wished I would have done was make the image larger so I could have included an escape tunnel or two..(hmm..next time..) As always feedback is requested and appriciated.. Thanks !!

### LATEST WIP ###

Views:	90 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	31319

Finished Maps

Looking good! I'd recommend some bevel effects on your walls, as they are lacking an impression of depth at the moment. I never know what to say about maps that are made up of Dindjinni art--I guess the 'art' featured is the creator's skills in arranging and laying out floor plans, and the layout looks well thought out to me! Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessEnthusiasm View Post
    Looking good! I'd recommend some bevel effects on your walls, as they are lacking an impression of depth at the moment. I never know what to say about maps that are made up of Dindjinni art--I guess the 'art' featured is the creator's skills in arranging and laying out floor plans, and the layout looks well thought out to me! Keep up the good work.
    I know what you mean about using all the premade elements I really need to start making my own but I'm hesitant. Next time..

Finished Maps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast