Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: December Entry - Wagner VII

Next trying to do something interesting with the mountains but I think it's looking a bit like a dog's dinner!

### latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wagner render_06.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	31683  

Ravells - pretty - well, yeah! But "just another"? I don't tHiNk so. It's a great look, and no dog I ever had was so well fed!

Ahh, GW - but even peons can't necessarily knock off at 5, not when management has bought the whole "do more with less" mantra... like mine have. Wish I'd had time this month - I couldn't touch Rav's level, but a world is so fun! All those lovely serendipitous bits that cause whole cultures to spring up, the discovery as you stick lines together and a planet appears. I for one am enjoying all the entries, and NOT least of all this one. Wagner as a name ... has a nice Ring to it, don't you think, Rav?

LOL Ravs you crack me up. I for one think the little textures you have in your land masses are great. I think if you keep going on this it is going to turn out just fine. Don't give up. I know I tend to get bored looking at the same thing all the time so I like to do whacky stuff like invert colors and darken/lighten things up just so it keeps my engaged. Keep going man, just a few more days and it'll all be over. The dogs will have to go hungry at least until then.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

lol, thanks guys. I'm just getting over a really virulent strain of 'flu so haven't had time to work more on the map - I'm feeling a lot better now (although have still lost my voice), so I may have one more WIP left in me before the end!

It's a very nice map. The competition is very strong this month.

Logically, I don't think many ships are going to follow routes across the Open Ocean between Sambar and Carabaltrea and Zing Mora. Even if ships are setting off from Denning or the Pastiche Islands, it's closer and a whole lot safer to circumnavigate Sambar and take the Eaftern Croffing. Viewed as a spherical body, you have some nicely clustered continents on one hemisphere and a big, open ocean full o' nothin' for the other hemisphere. No biggie, and does nothing to detract from your cartography. Given the time remaining it isn't worth dealing with, but I just figured out why this looked funny to me and thought I'd share. Sorry...

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awesome Rav
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Cheers all. This is the final WIP, I guess.

@ Su Liam, believe me, I had no idea what I was doing with those sea routes!

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wagner render_08.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	31931  

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Beautiful, Ravs. I really like what you did with the mountains, and I love that color scheme. It's all about the sepias, baby.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Beautiful !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast